BlueBird Simulations 757

I’ve been flying the 757, almost exclusively, since PMDG put out their first product on Fly! I struggle to fly anything else but then comes MSFS and I have a choice. Spend all my time in X-Plane in my steam gauge 757 or learn to fly something else. As much as I hate the 737, when PMDG released it for MSFS, I took the plunge. Now I am really looking forward to the BB 757. The speed tape is nice but you gotta love those big round dials! Don’t worry about us, focus on what you want to do and we will just have to wait and fly X-Plane for a little while longer. Cheers.

2 Likes

Short and quick update on YouTube:

“BlueBird Simulations Quick December Update. We Are Expanding!”

6 Likes

Anybody have a prediction when it’ll come out? Discord makes it sound like no updates til later this year.

Hard to say but everyday is a step closer. :+1: In the meantime, I’ve got plenty of other aircraft to fly.

2 Likes

Hi all. Here’s the January update as promised. Lots of material in this video. :slight_smile: You get to hear from some of the team and not just me. Hope you all can watch the entire 27 minutes :laughing:

9 Likes

Excellent, something for me to watch in the back of a Teams meeting tomorrow. :laughing: :innocent:

1 Like

That’s long. Importantly when is the ETA for release?

No ETA you will find out when the time is right.

2 Likes

This definitely looks like it will be worth the wait.
Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Kind of a technical question…I heard this mentioned in the video above, but I’m not a programmer, so I don’t understand ‘the language.’

The original lead programmer left, new people took over, and started over, saying they wanted to program using WebAssembly (WASM?) instead of JavaScript (which the original guy used.)

Is WASM leaner and meaner? i.e. will we get higher fidelity/complexity AND better FPS/Latency?

I’m going to plagiarize what Jack posted in another forum to hopefully answer your question. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you for that!

1 Like

Sounds good, cant wait to do the first takeoff😄

I hope FS2024 models Wake Turbulence as the 757 is the plane that creates the most of it. As I understand it not even a 747 makes as violent vortex’s as the 757.

Would be great to hear ATC cautioning and extending take off time due to a 757 landing/departing.

This plane looks amazing as well. Great Job Bluebird.

1 Like

Seems that was a bit of a Myth, I had never even heard of that so did a little quick digging and found a great article

3 Likes

Hi,

That reminds me of a harrowing experience I had when I took off in a C-208B Caravan right behind a departing UPS 757 at KSAT in the early 1990s.
Just after liftoff I found myself in a 90 degree bank to the right in a fraction of a second. For a split second I thought about continuing the roll all the way round, but then instinct took over and I rolled back to the left and got away from the wake.
Although I radioed to ATC, I never filed an official report. This happened before the 757 was classified as a Heavy in the wake turbulence category.

3 Likes

Nice find. I also found a post regarding it on the PPRUNE website. I guess the mud stuck so to speak.

The spectacular big update for the Fenix A320 is unfortunately still in the stars, the inibuilds A300 does not bring the hoped-for fun factor as expected and the PMDG 777 will also take some time. After the brilliant screenshots of the cargo 757, I wanted to ask whether a tighter release window is now being considered. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Latest update and screen shots look great, glad to hear this will be high fidelity rather than mid-level complexity as originally planned. Huge fan of this personally, this may be the only 757 for MSFS so may as well go big

2 Likes

Just Flight - 757-200/300 Update

5 Likes