BMWorld & Amsim KPBI - anyone try?

I’m curious if anyone has gotten this airport? I usually shy away from Marketplace airports, and I already have a good Community version. However, the videos for this look highly detailed and accurate.

My worry is the quality of the runways, lighting, etc. They don’t mention much about this, but it looks good from what I see in the videos.

I just hate it when scenery developers make a mess of the actual airport’s important bits.

I bought mine from inibuilds. I assume you’re on Xbox?

Overall I think it’s really well done. It’s definitely not top-tier like ini KLAX, but it’s really good in my opinion.

Some of the early BMW/Amsim airports were below average, but I think they’re dramatically improved with their latest releases. I’m also using their KMIA and prefer that over LatinVFR’s version. They also seem to make frequent updates, so a plus for me as well.

More pics here if you want to look: BMWorld & AmSim Palm Beach (KPBI) for MSFS – iniBuilds Store

Unfortunately I’ve got BMWorld CYUL and its the worst airport I have for CTD. I won’t buy any of their airports until they fix what they’ve released. Poorly optimized.

BMWorld CYUL Thread:

On PC, I didn’t hear about the release until I saw the marketplace. It’s my home commercial airport.

I have the community version that is very good as far as the lighting and taxiways go.

As long as all the approach lighting is in the right place, taxi lines are clean and taxi signs are accurate, I’d be happy.

The default PBI, and the older marketplace PBI are a mess.

I took a few screenshots for you. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Can you take daytime images please?

And to the original poster, marketplace airports are good. I’ve gotten a ton. Also on Xbox here.

I’m sure many are. :slight_smile: I just got burned a couple times.

Most of the ones on flightsim.to tend to focus on making sure the airport fundamentals are accurate to real life. So, I always have that as my base expectation.

Looks like they did a good job! I had to verify 10R doesn’t have PAPI lights.

Just bought it, incidentally, as it got put in the Easter sale tonight. I’m really liking it, although with full FSLTL traffic it stutters slightly when all of the main terminal is in the frame. But they’ve put some nice detail around the perimeter and the approaches from the east are greatly enhanced if you have Samscene’s US Modern Cities Vol. 1.

Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to a sub-category of the Discussion Hub

If you would like to discuss other products and features in the sim, consider the following Discussion Hub categories:

Aircraft
Activities
Airports
Home Cockpit Builders
MSFS 2024
Real-life Aviation
Tools & Utilities
World Discovery

Overall, it seems very good. Although the one complaint I have so far is it only has gate parking. Usually, I can pick the parking type from the ATC menu.

In BMW’s defence, I believe he’s Russian, and so unable to make site visits to many of the airports he develops. With this as a consideration, I think his work is now top-notch. I have his LEVC (not an Amsim collab, and recently updated), CYUL and KMIA, and I love all three (on PC, though, not Xbox). I don’t mind if the approach or taxiway edge/centre lighting is the wrong type, as long as there are no glaring issues. Most devs (even the legendary Jo Erlend Sund) make use of default airfield lighting.

As you know, I never had any problems with it (under SU13, at least). This is how fickle the console environment is.

Despite my respect for BMW/Amsim, I am lamenting the decision by Verticalsim to mothball their version of KPBI. I’m sure they’re based in the southwest United States and so would have undertaken site visits to meet the expected level of accuracy. That said, BMW/Amsim are becoming masters at custom-modelling their landsides, with Verticalsim choosing a more default-oriented approach.

1 Like

Most of what I’m seeing on this version looks fairly accurate, but I haven’t tried to pick it apart. Being familiar with the airport IRL I can recognize everything.

The only odd thing is the parking. I checked the map and it does look like only gates are available. Where most of the light aircraft parking should be doesn’t have any parking. Devs seem to only focus on airliners. :frowning:

I know making parking with the taxi pathways is a pain.

I’ve not had any performance issues at all, but I have a Ryzen 7950X3D and RTX4090.

Always a good sign if you personally know the airport and can’t spot any glaring omission or inaccuracies!