[BMWorld+AmSim] - KPHX Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport

Coming soon on Orbx:

10 Likes

Yes, finally a properly done KPHX!

6 Likes

Looks good!
Southwest logo on T3 South though? Not sure if I’m seeing things or if that’s just an oversight.
Edit: In photos on Orbx product page. I have not bought it yet.

Wow this is really great. It adds a lot of realism. I sent in a request for general parking in the East Cargo Bay and Swift FBO and Cutter Aviation. If they correct that it will put this package over the top!
It’s a little FPS heavy, I think I lost approx. 10fps at most, but usable.

2 Likes

Nice to see another major US airport finally get a product. I’ve been looking forward to this one and would welcome any first hand reviews.

1 Like

It’s already on the Central app.

I just purchased it and did a flight from KPHX to KSAT. It’s really well done, and my mid-range graphics card (3060 Ti) had no problem with frame rates. Hopefully one of the GSX gurus will do a custom profile for it soon.

2 Likes

Good catch on the missing FBO parking.

Question on gates. I’m not sure if this is a GSX thing, an Asobo thing or both, but it isn’t exclusive to BMWorld’s KPHX. Issue is the GSX gates are doubled up with default gates leaving a “stub” of the base airport gate.

Also, on the world map, there are two gates to select. The “default” gate and the correct gate. Examples below. Any ideas on this?

This is because GSX is duplicating the included gates from the scenery with its own replacement gates. Open up the FSDT updater and then under config you can disable the GSX gates for any airport addon you have. I have all airports disabled because I’m not a fan of the GSX gates and never have the duplicate jetbridge issue.

2 Likes

Could you please test whether airplanes are safe when crossing the bridges (taxiway T, S and R)?

T, and S are working fine

2 Likes

Anyone else seeing every gate on the north side labeled as Southwest? I’m pretty sure those A terminal gates are American.

1 Like

I didn’t see green taxiway lights on 25L Anybody else?

I think I read on avsim that was one of the complaints. They just labeled everything southwest.

Looking at the pictures on ORBX all the gates look to be labeled Southwest. I’ll pass.

Its modeled well, but its seems very rushed and unfinished.

1 Like

Hopefully we see some fixes. This is my home airport and unfortunately, we have no other descent choices. Until Flightbeam perhaps.

1 Like

Yup. I lived here for 11 years, emplpyed at an airline for 8 now… its far from perfect

I noticed that too… Kind of disappointing, but I’m sure they’ll update it. In the meantime, it is so nice to finally have my home airport modelled nicely.

I was able to locate the southwest logo in the BMWorld KPHX file in the community folder, and just paint over it using the same color used on the jetways and so I have fixed my only real issue with the scenery. I will download the update whenever they release it.

1 Like