[BMWorld+AmSim] - KPHX Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport

Panning and looking around causes most of these issues. There are definitely some optimization issues here. Not sure if anyone else has replicated this.

Frame hog I think,def not going to buying this since I uninstalled the KOAK cuz it was frame heavy

1 Like

Hi BMWorld & AmSim!

Could the textures resolution be an issue for the performance related issues???

Also, there are still some vegetation near RWY 25R and taxiways.

Thank you!

Rafael

1 Like

Iā€™m a Zonie. Did not read the whole post. Some. What is the bottom line here? Iā€™ve been waitimg for soneone to do KPHX right. Has it ?

1 Like

Bad frame rates and wrong GA parking. I sent numerous emails to supportā€¦no answer.

1 Like

I was very hesitant to buy this scenery after monitoring this thread for a while. I fly American Airlines right now in A Pilotā€™s Life v2 and KPHX is often on my schedule, so I decided to pick this up. As of right now, Iā€™m glad I did. Havenā€™t flown out of it yet, but I loaded in the Fenix A320 with GSX Pro and FSLTL and was very happy with over 30 fps. For an airport surrounded by photogrammetry, this is pretty good on my system and certainly not worse than other payware sceneries. Itā€™s right in line.

After sitting in the cockpit a while and letting things settle, I zoomed around with the drone a bit to check the scenery. Overall, Iā€™m impressed with what I see. Only minor nitpick I had was the blank screens in the tower. Of course, Iā€™ll leave the other detail criticisms to the locals and agree with other posters about GA parking.

Iā€™m wondering if those having fps issues, especially stutters, might have their terrain LOD set too high. Iā€™ve had to dial mine down to 80 after recent updates, whereas I used to fly with it set to 150. This is with a 3080 and 12900k.

I have several flights scheduled in & out of here, so weā€™ll see how those go and Iā€™ll check back in with further feedback.

4 Likes

To fully enjoy KPHX, just donā€™t taxi a 747-8 heavy @ the bridge on taxiway R, it will ruin your day after spending 20 min on cold & dark startā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t really fly the 747, but I hope they get that fixed for those of you who do.

I flew the Fenix A320 from KPHX to KFAT today, then from KDSM to KPHX. During the flight out of KPHX, my frames stayed around 30 fps, until taxiing to 7L, about the time I crossed D5, when it dropped to 18 fps. It didnā€™t stutter or anything, just dropped frames. Then, when I turned to the hold short line for 7L, it went back up to 25-30 fps range where it remained during takeoff.

On the flight into KPHX, fps dropped while on arrival into runway 8 as I flew next to downtown Phoenix and improved as I approached the airport. Iā€™m thinking thereā€™s something in that downtown Phoenix area causing some fps drops on my system that has nothing at all to do with the airport. I can confidently say this as I had the same fps drop arriving into KPHX the other day before I bought this scenery. The fps drop I had on taxiing out on the prior flight (KPHX-KFAT) was only bad while I was facing the Phoenix skyline directly. When I turned to the hold short line and was no longer facing that area, I gained 10 frames, which is a bit extreme. Iā€™ll also point out that my FSLTL settings usually cost me a lot of performance, usually around 10 frames. Even with FSLTL & GSX Pro installed, I still had a good experience on both flights.

I went here for the first time after buying this scenery recently and although it looks good and I donā€™t have framerate issues, there is a problem with a taxiway at the east side of the airport ā€“ the one that goes under the tram ā€“ I fell through and ā€˜crashedā€™. The tram tracks are floating as well.

Which oneā€¦

thanks for the diagramā€¦ definitely ā€˜Rā€™ like was said above. I thought so but wasnā€™t sure. needs fixing.

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm how the updates have been since their last update in June? Looking for a KPHX on Xbox and while it looks great, I was holding off on getting this until the issues listed in this thread were resolved.

Itā€™s on sale now so is it fixed up enough that itā€™s worth it to get now?

no updatesā€¦:frowning:

Nope, just be patient and wait for Flightbeamā€™s KPHX to be releasedā€¦

1 Like

Been waiting a year

1 Like

I heard about taxi problems but I didnā€™t notice any of them using the Fenix. Tried all taxi ways and all good. Some parking spots are too small but that was also with FB in P3D.

1 Like

It will only happen if you use a heavy aircraft (747 or 787), and your plane will crash when you cross the bridge on taxiway Rā€¦ Just wait until Aerosoft A330 is released, the complaints will skyrocket once many users are using the American Airlines A330 on several long haul flights from KPHXā€¦

Are you sure that the heavies are crossing the bridge anyway? I just checked Fedex and UPS and they land/takeoff on the 25/07 R/L And BA and Hawaiian for example only from the 08/26. I checked several days.

Itā€™s only crossing the R taxiway bridge causing your plane to crash, take off & landings are fineā€¦

Itā€™s a decent looking airport. All of their airports look too clean and organized. Not on par with flightbeam when it comes to realistic texture work. Too many repetative elements. Wonder if theyā€™ll (FB) ever release a MSFS version though. My main gripe is it absolutely kills immersion when there are no holdshort lights or wig wagsā€¦ Not even three yellow lights- which would be the laziest of optionsā€¦ Not sure why so many developers decide to omit these important details- but they continue to up their game when it comes to installing bathrooms inside the terminal buildingsā€¦

4 Likes