Boeing 747-8: MCDU/FMC Black Blank Screen

Hi,

Does anyone notice the blank, black MCDU screen on the 747-8 after starting from cold and dark?

Is there a solution or is it a bug issue?

Thanks!

Yes - I’ve got the same problem. It was working fine last time I flew the B748. Custom liveries and the default livery all show the same behaviour. I haven’t been able to find a way around the issue yet.

Hope someone else can find a solution or else this aircraft is not flyable without the FMC.

2 Likes

Ahh thank heavens I am not the only one with the problem.

I usually plan flights on the MCDU but instead I’ll have to plan flights on the main home screen before I press “Fly”

Same here! FMC screen is blank since the update. When using Salty-747 mod FMC screen is back on but apu will not turn on and some of the fuel pumps will not turn on either therefore can not start the engines :frowning:

3 Likes

Aparently it is due to A32NX conflict. It has to be uninstalled in order to use default 747-8. Hope it helps someone here.

3 Likes

Have the same problem. Flight planned from the main home screen and the flight started OK. After a couple hrs. the MCDU went blank and I can’t find a solution. Sounds like a bug to me. Oddly enough the VFR map shows the planned route and waypoints and the LNAV is tracking. Can’t wait to see what happens when I try to shoot the ILS.

1 Like

Yes I installed the salty mod ver 2.0 … at first it worked fine then all three fmc s went blank . Removed the salty mod … but screens are still blank . 787 and a320 mods are all good … it’s just the 747/8… has anyone worked this out yet …

1 Like

I also have this issue, decided to take a long haul flight but then my FMC was blank, cannot do anything about it. It was working fine earlier

1 Like

I found a temporary solution to the Black Screen on the MCDU of the 747-8:

Turn up the brightness of the AISLE STAND PANEL FLOOD KNOB!

4 Likes

Doing this has not worked for me :frowning:

2 Likes

Very interesting.

1 Like

No joy trying that for me…

i have the same problem may be it is from the a320, i will try to cancel it

the problem disappeared after deleted the -a32nx- from fly by wire team

1 Like

my problem with the black screen in the 747 was : AbadStudiosA319 , when out the community map no problem when in the community map black fmc in the 747 …

hope it helps for those with problems

worked for me today thanks… :smiley:

The suggested solution in this thread was to turn the aisle lighting up full, that didn’t work for me. What I needed to do was turn the landing lights off and back on again (my aisle lighting was already on full).

I see this problem was a while ago but it just started happening to me after the patch (Sep ‘22). If you “pop out” the screen using Right-Alt + Left-Click then you can see the displayed contents. The buttons still work and will update the other copy of the display.

The same just happened in my case and I’m on Xbox X.
Dunno what to do.

I’ve noticed it has sth to do with time of day. When it gets light then all cockpit light goes down and MCDU too. Then, just move the slider (of time) to the left one minute and then MCDU works again.

1 Like