Boeing 787 Autopilot Not Tracking

That’s just a workaround, isn’t it?
It is still unstable in LNAV mode.
The aircraft deviates from its course frequently.
Are you all aware that this solves this problem?

I haven’t noticed the 787 “deviating frequently” when I fly it. But I am using the Heavy mod.

It’s very stable in LNAV and VNAV.

Thanks for your reply.
Is Heavy Mod what you say about the B78XH?
I’m using B78XH ver0.1.13 and there is no improvement.

Yes B78XH is the code for the heavy mod. Try downloading the development version. It’s available on Heavy Division’s discord page.

I tried that but it didn’t help.
So I thought it might be caused by my CH YOKE chattering around the center, so I set DEAD ZONE and tried it with B78XH ver0.1.13, and as you said, it works very stable.

Finally, the issue has been solved. Thanks so much for your suggestion.

So what was the final verdict; dead zone or B787H ver 0.1.13 dev.?

I have the same issues - my airplane was off the course, and I have kept making adjustments with HDG.

BR
PIERRE GE

This post is quite a bit old but I switched to the development version and everything sorted out nicely. I’ve flown the dev version for a while now and had no issues with it

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. will try it out this evening.

End…

In my case,it works very well with ver 0.1.13 after setting a dead zone on CH-Yoke!

how. much deadzone have you set it and which axis? are we talking about sensitivity?

on the other hand, trying to locate the developer version of 787HX. Help please

do you mind sending me the link to that version?

It’s on the Heavy discord

Yes,I have set deadzone to 3% in the sensitivity menu .
Ailerons is by X axis. Elevator is by Y axis.

Same issue, it just does its own thing…. my other planes work fine.

Thanks mate for helping out - deadzone didn’t do any good.

the airplane does not follow the route on its own.

Probably, i still have to research for it more.

Best Regards,

Pierre GEAGEA

Hi mark,

Direct Download: https://github.com/Heavy-Division/B78XH/archive/refs/heads/main.zip

is this is the developer version?

That’s what it says in the Discord.

Team, I am having sort of the issue. I take off in the 787 go above 2500ft set the auto-pilot and set LNAV and all the 787 is perform a left circle around the required course. It can’t seem to find the course. Also, the heading is also not working. One post said uninstall NXi. That didn’t work. This is very frustrating.

Thanks

1 Like

Same thing, its not our controllers or anything, something is broken on plane, everything else does fine…

Nothing is broken on the plane. I just flew it yesterday and it operated fine. Are you using the Heavy mod and the latest dev version of that mod?

If you are, then you are doing something wrong when setting up your flight or operating the plane.