Boeing brakes hard on landing

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

I completely reinstalled my game and tested without any mods with an Asobo 747, and still the same.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Nop.

Brief description of the issue:

Hello

For a few weeks now, I have not been able to land all the Boeing planes (whether those from Asobo or Bredok, CS …)

As soon as the plane touches the runway with its wheels, my brakes are triggered and the plane stops suddenly, as if the parking brake were activated by itself. The aircraft’s screens also start to flash. Except that this problem, I had never encountered it. I did not touch my settings (controls, joystick ect) and I do not know where to look.

If anyone has any solutions, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Start video at 3:40 => 2021 05 26 01 25 17 - YouTube

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Landing phase. Only happens with Boeing. Airbus are working.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

//

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

//

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Microsoft Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Nop.

What’s your autobrake settings? have you checked your control bindings to make sure you unknowingly apply the brakes when pressing something else?

it is in the settings where directly in the plane???

There is a current bug that locks up the brakes when returning from ESC pause. Need to apply the brakes (hit the brakes and release) once you drop the gear to reset to brakes to off. Consider it a hydraulic check before landing.

Weird, I never use the ESC menu in flight, at least not during the phases where I encountered this problem but I will try your solution anyway.

Do you have a direct source for this problem? Has it already been reported?

It depends on the plane you are flying. I have seen the parking brake issue myself. In other planes when you press Esc, then come back you see that both the throttle, and prop levers are reduced to around 50%. The BN2 Islander does this.

In hindsight, that bug can be exploited as a way of showing how stable your throttle is. If it remains at the reduced settings, you have no jitter on your throttle axis! :slight_smile:

I recreated a blank configuration profile for my joystick, I’ll see what happens.

I tested to stay for about 3 minutes in ESC and the aircraft remained at its normal speed, no fault so if I understood your request correctly, there is no problem at this level.

I update when I land with the new settings, thanks everyone.

same issues…

Have you checked your assist settings? Make sure they’re set to Hard/True to Life.

Have your toe brakes axes somehow become inverted?

Maybe try landing again whilst holding the toe brakes down at touchdown?

Already configured on that parameters.

Where can I find my brake axis?

How do you normally apply brakes when you land? Do you have rudder pedals with toe brakes, do you use the keyboard or any other type of controller?

If you are using rudder pedals with toe brakes, then you will need to have mapped each of the toe brakes to the appropriate axis, either ‘left brake axis’ or ‘right brake axis’. In that mapping, you short see a check box that says something like “invert axis” and if you have that set incorrectly, the brakes will be on when you haven’t pressed the toe brakes and vice versa. I was just suggesting that it might be worth checking that it isn’t this that is causing you to brake hard when you land.

If you use the keyboard, this should not be the problem.

No, I only use the joystick to brake. I even unassigned the keys on my keyboard which concerned the brakes. This problem arose for no explainable reason without me touching anything in my settings, I really don’t understand.

The same problem here => Boeing 787 Auto Brake exactly the same but the author of the post did not give more detail on how he solved this one.

I have reset my joystick configurations to be sure, but nothing.

I don’t know where to look and think more and more about uninstalling this game forever. Every day there are other bugs and no explanatory solutions to this…

The same joystick you use for aileron, and elevator control? Do you mean a button? If so, is it possible you have this button as a latch on, latch off setup?

I have a joystick for everything. I have buttons on it that I use for the rest but which are on this joystick. As said above, I have never had such problems and have been using this joystick since playing MSFS. So it’s been about 2 weeks that I have this bug. Before I didn’t have it (and I had the same joystick)

I didn’t configure a lock button, I don’t know how. If you could give me the manipulation to go and check if that’s the case, I’m a taker.

Thanks again.

What I meant by that is there is a difference between binding an axis to the toe brake on a rudder pedal, and binding a button to your keyboard that holds the brakes on, in a digital manner.

Have a look in the Controller configuration screen for your joystick, and post an image of what binding you have for that button you use to control the brakes.

I don’t have any brake keys connected to the keyboard, I don’t use pedals, only a joystick.

Right, so post an image from the controllers screen that shows us exactly what command you have bound to that button.

For example, in the image below we can see that when button 15 is pressed, it will switch between the cockpit, and external camera views.

I don’t speak French, but that means brakes? Just simply “brakes”, not “brakes on”, “brakes off”.

The one below it makes more sense, that is clearly a toggle of the parking brake.

I’m not at my sim at the moment, so I can’t see what my brakes options are for button presses, but since it doesn’t have toggle, then I would have to assume its a momentary button. When you hold the button down the brakes are on, when you release it the brakes are off.

Assuming that is the case, and you definitely aren’t pressing button 11 instead, then we might be back to suspecting the Esc latching the toe brakes on, though I’m not sure I’ve seen that myself, only the throttle/prop levers retarding to about half way.