Boeing yoke ministick troubleshooting

Hi everyone. I’ve been using the Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke with my XBOX for about a month now and I’m still loving every minute of it. However, I ran into a bit of a problem today I’m hoping I could get your collective input on.

I use the ministick on the right hand side as my “look around” joystick. Today all of a sudden, the view started looking down and to the left very gradually. I couldn’t stop it, it just kept rotating around the cabin. It felt like the kind of joystick drift you get on an XBOX controller. I added in a -10 dead zone to both axes and it stopped the drift immediately, and the joystick works as normal. I plugged the yoke into my PC and looked at it on joy.cpl and the mini stick reticule was dead center, not showing any movement in any direction until I touched it.

I’m still within the return and exchange period, so I could pretty easily get this replaced. What I’m wondering is, should I exchange it? The rest of the yoke works great and with the deadzone the mini stick works great too. Is the drift likely to worsen over time? Does the stick not drifting in joy.cpl mean anything? Would it even show up? I just don’t want to exchange it for another one that might have the same or different problems.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I’m having similar issues with mine and I’m having the same questions going through my head, too. Mine started having the issue on the Y axis and is now also doing it in the X axis. The odd part is it isn’t consistent.

I’m hoping it isn’t going to become an ongoing issue with it that we continuously run into.

I was thinking I should send it in for replacement before the warranty ends.

1 Like

If it’s a common problem maybe exchanging it won’t do anything but delay the inevitable. In that case maybe it’s best to wait until the warranty is almost up to get service on it. I’m already determined to stay with this yoke but it would be unfortunate if I couldn’t look around in flight. How long have you had this issue? Have you noticed it getting worse? Thanks for your input!

By the way thanks for this thread:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/thrustmaster-tca-yoke-pack-boeing-edition-button-assignments/495221

I find it impossible to bind by scanning on this device because of how it registers many inputs at once. That list of bindings is a lifesaver.

I‘ve had this happen with the Thrustmaster TWCS throttle which also has a thumb stick. It started a few months after using it and it got worse and worse. I returned it and got a new one. This one lasted a little longer but eventually it got the same issue. I also have the Boeing yoke and I fully expect that the thumb stick will not last very long.

Thanks for the helpful but unfortunate news. Do you happen to remember how long it took for the joystick to become unusable?

I have the second throttle for about two years now and I think it started about 10 months ago where it developped the drift.