Bowerman (KHQM) freeware development has started

Bowerman airport (KHQM) is a small airfield on the Pacific North West Coast. It could be the perfect starting point to explore this awesome area. The default MSFS rendition is AI generated and could benefit from a little work :wink: With it’s 6-24 asphalt runway of 5,000 feet (1,524 meters), KHQM is promoted as “Only Jet-Capable Airport” by the local authority.

For the older simmers around here, I’m sure you remember the Orbx rendition that set the standard in quality for P3D/FSx. So, let’s bring back souvenir. Hope you’ll enjoy these early dev pics. I know Lana’s Cafe has moved downtown and isn’t anymore at the airport. But I choose to make a Vintage rendition of KHQM Bowerman.

If you want to support, click “Follow” Sceneries Requests - KHQM Bowerman - Flightsim.to (and/or on the second same scenery request Sceneries Requests - KHQM Bowerman Airport, Washington - Flightsim.to).

4 Likes

Development shots of the day

Bowerman after the rain. FedEX building

The raw of lonely hangars

The local authorities promotes Bowerman as the only-capable-jet of the area, so I put a Citation in an opened hangar. Fake Chevron sign.

Lana’s Cafe recreation. Not on the field since 2014. But was in the Orbx scenery.

Pilot’s lounge and bikes for free

The bay of Grays Harbor National Wildlife Refuge behind the field clear of water

Improvement of the visual 24 with the pier of the wood factory (Willis Enterprises) and the treatment plant

Hope you’ll enjoy when finished. Needs one or two fixes and tuning before release as freeware.

5 Likes

Anyone has access to data naming the holding points? The FAA official, nor the Foreflight diagram have it. The taxiway at threshold runway 6 seems to be A1. Does it goes A2, A3, A4 until taxiway at runway 24?

Maybe someone with a FSx/P3D running setup that could load the Orbx scenery and double check the name of taxiway (signs) ? Thanks in advance.

To illustrate that sometimes, building an airport looks like an endless task. You get away from the fences, then the road, oh and this shore worths a cleanup, and this bay also
 etc

Bowerman Airport Vintage edition (freeware) should be available for this week-end.

4 Likes