Brand New Flyer - Game Crashing to Desktop

well good luck again…

Which GPU manufacturer have you got?
You may want to try using following assuming that its GPU hardware problem.

• latest from card manufacturer
  • from nVidia (last stable version)
  • limit card max volt or Mhz to put a cap

I don’t disagree with that ffs! YES it should work with all on ULTRA
BUT it’s not! So it all comes down to troubleshooting the problem
When trouble shooting it’s a mater of trying to identify the action/setting/hardware causing the issue

In the OP’s case; my POINT IS it may not be a hardware problem!
I’m just saying that even without stressing my 1080ti with other settings, ultra clouds will still CTD my system; when nothing appears to be stressed by it! I still don’t know if that’s hardware or Software but I do suspect it’s hardware

For the OP it takes 10 minutes to rule the ultra cloud issue I’ve had out of the possible causing his problems. If it solves his problem then you can start drilling that issue down
If it doesn’t than its one more possible cause the OP can cross off his list

Well I don’t know about anyone else but for me I followed the suggestion I saw in another thread somewhere about lowering the FPS to 30.

That seemed to do the trick for me.
No more CTD but then again reinstalling the software might have helped in this case.

My system works just fine now and I have about half the system you have so no reason why yours should not work better.

Also, check your CPU & GPU temps while in game play to make sure nothing is overheating and making your system CTD.

Hope it all works out for you !

AMD/Ryzen 5 3500U
20GB Mem
SSD/Radeon Graphics

New Patch, No Luck…

How can a RTX 3090 not handle this game?

I even tried to downclock the GPU to make sure its not the issue. Game even crashes at “High Settings” instead of Ultra

I mean how maddening can one be, new $3k PC for this game specifically only to have it crash 5 minutes into each flight. WTH!

1 Like

I installed my gigabyte rtx 3080 gaming oc today even before the update patch it crashes three minutes into the sim I tried everything driver update underclocking nothing. It’s not the card because I played the division 2 in ultra and it was fine fortnite as well great but mafs has problems or the card somewhere is not stable with this sim. Help anyone!! FC

Intel i7_9700k
Gigabyte rtx 3080
32gb ram
1tb. Samsung 970 eco plus sad

Wow, we might be on to something, I know your’s is an 3080, but that sounds like the exact same issue as me.

I’m sorry, where is that repair option again? You mean the sim itself? or you mean the Microsoft store app? I can’t find that option. My sim is crashing when I press “fly now” and that’s the first time that happens to me. My PC is up there too so I don’t know what is causing it.

Hi Perohijo,
Do you have facetracknoir installed, if so, uninstall it.

There is also this thread:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/game-crashes-after-clicking-fly/301717/3

1 Like

dont assume as it runs something else it’s ok. The intense worload FS puts on CPU and GPU can generate hardware issues and trigger a BSOD (A windows OS panic when the kernel integrity has been lost).

Have look at the post I made about my 3080 + X99 system crashing. I really thought my machine was 100% stable as i’d run 2 other benchmarking suites without issue and some games. But I downloaded the folding at home distributed research prog (runs an instance on the CPU and the GPU) and the CPU process failed after 10 seconds. I ended up increasing my cpu vcore by a chunk to get that intense vector prog running stable. Since then … a week on, zero game crashes .

FS puts extreme load on certain parts of the chips that much else doesnt. Download the protien folding workload and see if both cpu and gpu can churn along for an afernoon. This should highlight hardware issues. I was lucky I got an ASUS Strix 3080 that has some modded parts and plates etc that help with heat and crosstalk .

One of the issues even with new systems with a 3080 and 3090 is they take so much power they can cause a brown out for your CPU’s supply. After fitting my 3080 i noticed my cpu voltage was more jittery.

AIDA 64 also has a good stability tester .

No I don’t use that. I have TrackIR but I’m not using it just yet. My problems happens right after I press “FLY” and when it starts to load, it just crashes. I didn’t have this problem before. I installed a free app for missions (NoeFly) and I was wondering if that might have cause the problem, but those guys told me that it is an external app using simconnect, and that it would not have any direct interaction with MSFS. I just don’t know what else to do really.

move out everything in your community folder and try that

Yes I’m doing that now. If it works I will have to try one by one. I’m not going to removed the payware for now and see what happens.
Thanks

Community Folder: Actually, I think it was aircraft and/or liveries that was causing it. Try just removing those.

Someone can correct me here. :slight_smile:

I removed those too.

I was cautious about plugging my track IR in given the state of things, but I must say, it has worked like a dream so far. I mention it because I have experienced plenty of other issues/bugs with the sim when not using track IR, but none when when using it/ caused by it. Just in case that gives you confidence!

That’s good to know as I was just searching the forum if that might have an issue. :+1:t2:

Well. It seems my problem was solved when I removed the stuff from my com folder. Great news about Track IR! I will start using it. I’m going to have to try the addons one by one and see which one is the culprit. I’m just trying a flight and we’ll see what happens.
Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope it works out for you guys too :crossed_fingers:t2: