Bravo Throttle Quadrant

That’s debatable LOL
First thing to realise this is not just a HoneyComb issue

Any controller that has “always on” switches has the same problem

Therefor one could argue that MS2020 should have some routine to reject the constant streaming of data from the controller and that way all brands of controllers would be fixed

If Honeycomb comes up with a fix that will doesn’t solve the problem for other manufacture

BUT BUT BUT
Honeycomb advertise that their devices are MS2020 compatible AND claim they are partners SO therefore you’d think using that marketing strategy, Honeycomb should come up with their own fix because this is making them look like they are a dodgy company and are been dishonest (because they are)

So for the sake of a few hours of coding you’d think Honeycomb would implement their own driver fix to protect their reputation

And it’s not like it can’t be done; many of us are implementing our own 3rd party solutions to get full functionality. Surely it’s not that difficult to do a proprietary one!

3 Likes

Fully Agree!

Does the bravo update instal into the community folder or does it install else where also?
Read a lot about the afc bridge problam on other forums and they saying take it out of the community folder. No point taking it out if it installs else where on pc to
I was going to delete the whole update and go from there

I don’t think it’s the afc bridge for bravo
So this is where Iam at
I’ve un installed the update for the Quadrant and bear in mind this was the 1st update
I’ve taken everthing out of the community except for the kingair 350i mod I use
And it still crashes. But crashes without the afcbridge error. Just crashes straight to desktop
I’ve now with all the bravo updates off my system I’ve now disconnected the bravo from pc and trying that
Process of elimination

Ohhhhh crashes to desktop again

Do my theory is it’s not the bravo quadrant
Any body else got any views

Iam running onair at the same time is it that maybe? Any body else with the same problam running onair?

Been into event viewer and a lot of errors have come from flightsim.exe modular name VCRUNTIME140.dll
This is now above my pay grade lol

Yes…process of elimination is the best in those cases. Mind you that we at Aerosoft are also monitoring and trying to collect what is happening for the users.

But for now, we don’t have compelling evidence that it can actually be the LED driver application that is causing those issues. Mind you, that this does not mean that some official call we make into MSFS might not cause an issue in the sim somewhere. But as you’ve found out your issue might lay somewhere else than the Bravo or the LED driver application as it happens even without them.

Best approach would be to really try and completely take out any Add-Ons that are communicating with the sim and maybe even disconnecting all USB devices that are not strictly necessary.

Then see, if you can get it to fly without an unexpected shutdown. And only if you do, add back one Add-On after the other.

Greets,
Ben

@BenBaron85

Hi Ben,

as you are an Aerosoft Developer can you maybe let us know if Aerosoft is working on the „button pressed”-bug?

Thanks in advance,
Kai

Hi Kai,

no we are not…we are of course monitoring the situation together with Honeycomb but currently we are only dealing with the LEDs in MSFS as an area which is deemed to be too special to be dealt with by the core simulator.

Greets,
Ben

1 Like

I can agree that asobo needs to fix the button pressed issue or increment bug. However until then a official work around would be much appreciated.

I agree:

and if it were as easy as using the same solution like we do in the other sims, trust me, we’d already done that but unfortunately that approach is out of the question due to differing interface capabilities. And it also does not make sense ressource-wise to dedicate a lot of efforts into a workaround that might be obsolete again in some months.

While the simmer in me really understands your frustration, I hope that rationale is also understandable.

Greets,
Ben

1 Like

Currently an external program like axis and ohs or a dedicated VB script from I believe Elephant42 can be used to circumvent the problems. Could those examples or similar not be provided by Honeycomb, Aerosoft or Asobo. It does not look like rocket science to me… However doing nothing is cheaper…

Just read in another thread that it is fixed and will be rolled out with the next dev update.

1 Like

@KaiEntlein33030,
Can you provide a link to that thread?

Jim-Sim

1 Like
2 Likes

I have my bravo throttle quadrant set up for multi engine GA aircraft. Everything is mapped and binded properly, but the problem I’m experiencing is that the throttle control inputs are at different rates, even though I’m moving both throttles simultaneously in the same position. So in order to have equal manifold pressure for both engines, I have to have one throttle lever much higher than the other one. I don’t have this issue with the prop or mixture levers, only the throttles. I’ve also noticed that in order for the throttle lever 2 to increase/decrease correctly, the reverse box should not be checked which is opposite for throttle 1. Does anyone know of any fixes for resolving this issue?

The out-of-the-box configuration is twin-engine props. But throttle 2 does not work properly. Simply find it in the Control menu, delete the throttle 2 entry and reload it. Then it will work properly. See Rmag’s Youtube video about fixing the throttle 2 bug as well as his other excellent videos for configuring the Bravo throttle quadrant levers. Just search for “Rmag and Bravo throttle”.

I understand what my issue was now. There are two different Axis selections for each throttle. One is the “Throttle 1 Axis” (or “Throttle 2 Axis” ,etc.) and the other is “Throttle 1 Axis (0-100%)”. For my second throttle lever, i had selected the one titled “Throttle Axis 2 (0-100%)” which is why my levers weren’t at the same positions when moving them simultaneously. So in other words, be careful not to select that one. Select just the “Throttle 2 Axis” for it.

1 Like

Glad it worked out.

When I installed mt Bravo Throttle Quadrant, I started with the twin engine complex configuration. The throttles for both engines kept the engines at idle until the throttles were pushed up to about 50%. I tried adjusting the sensitivity curves which didn’t help. Then I exited MSFS and opened Windows Settings and searched for USB game controllers. Windows opened a menu listing all the plugged in game controllers. I selected the Bravo Throttle Quadrant and on the next screen selected Properties. Detailed info for the Bravo was displayed and then I selected the Calibrate tab. The calibration tool helped me calibrate the throttles and the other levers. MSFS was started. The throttles are now working properly using their full range.

2 Likes

No its not fixed :thinking: