Britten Norman Trislander (Study Level) AVAILABLE NOW

That’d be amazing! I’ve tried to learn how to make liveries, and have watched many tutorials, but I always get lost. I know absolutely nothing about blender, gimp, etc. Most people seem to want to copy a real aircraft, while I just want my own fictional fleet of all black aircraft :upside_down_face:

1 Like

not sure at this time , it depends how much long the work takes and IF its possible to sell an “Upgrade” Via Market place .

I will announce what were doing here once we know

3 Likes

Lol! I appreciate the work that the moderators do, but at first I was like hey! Why is my comment hidden? :wink:

I would imagine that because this thread is regarding BlackBox “Coming Soon” stuff we’re good as long as we are discussing stuff that comes from you guys.

Just had my first re-intro flight in the BN-2 after quite an absence. Got my weird elevator input issue sorted (yeah…gotta disconnect the old joystick when you hook up the Honeycomb Alpha :man_facepalming:t3:)

Feels good to get back in the Islander though. I need to brush up on the ‘ole KAP-140 though. Had some spinning of knobs and punching of buttons in a very “what does this do?” fashion! :rofl:

3 Likes

IN the paintshop

8 Likes

It can actually be harder to make a livery up than copy one, although copying the details in a real livery can be massively time consuming.

I wouldn’t use GIMP though, I hate it. Try some of the other free packages, Krita looks like it’s worth some time. Actually understanding how to make a texture looks good can take a fair bit of knowledge about what the computer is doing with the texture, but I don’t think you have to learn to model first, as an example, it just helps to have some basics.

The Islander is not the worst place to start tbh, it’s only got two main textures & they’re all easily laid out.

1 Like

for me … ( But I have been using it for decades) You cant beat Photoshop
the Layers are a real bonus

2 Likes

I’ve been using Photoshop for a couple of decades too, but it takes a little investment. The freeware packages do layers too, although I’m not sure about layer groups.

1 Like

There we go …

4 Likes

hahaha Asobo getting jealous now … trying to create their own Trislander :wink:
Look behind ours !

16 Likes

how about a livery for the largest active operator of the trislander

2 Likes

When will this be released Night?

(I had to look up one of the registration numbers, because I had no idea who it was)

Roraima Airways- they’re in Guyana

a couple of interesting action shots from a Recent test flight
Thanks to Kenneth Kerr

6 Likes

The option of getting a study level via an upgrade sell has pushed me to purchase this plane. The Kodiak release has been an exceptional GA plane for me I really hope this will be comparable to that development.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL

That’s correct but unfortunately the tris fleet is down to 2 as 8R-GRE went down last August. Will still be nice to go bush flying in the heart of Guyana in this livery :wink: @NightMercury358

1 Like

If you can help supply good quality images for use on the tailfin then I would be more than happy to do this livery. Unfortunately I can find none :frowning:

2 Likes

Not sure if any of those help but I do understand if you’re unable to make the livery

have to make three separate posts to upload the photos

1 Like

Sorry no, I have obviously already googled these and the quality / resolution is nothing like whats required. Theyre not even clear enough to allow me to recreate them from Hi Res Photos
sorry … this one will have to stay in the Hangar (preferably not in flames ! )