Brunner CLS-E NG FORCE FEEDBACK YOKE

hey guys,

i’m happy about every message!

who has experience with the brunner yoke? Now that I’m totally happy with the settings and the quality in VR, one is of course looking for even more immersion :smiley: I would be happy to hear some opinions on how compatible the Bruner Yoke works with the MSFS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I have the brunner CLS-E MKII yoke and the rudder pedals: it is fully compatible for MSFS 2020 through the brunner software CLS2sim. And more than that, it is a total game changer. I can’t imagine flying without it now. It can simulate a big amount of force, you feel every turbulence, it vibrates when you stall… The software allows you to customize every effect for each airplane; I am a private pilot and it feels like the real life

8 Likes

Works very well here as well …CLS-E NG :+1:

2 Likes

Oh man, im dangerously close to pulling the trigger… I am wondering, any of you folks from the US? Wondering what the import/duty taxes/VAT etc comes out to?

1 Like

I don’t believe that I paid any additional taxes to import the yoke.

1 Like

Not sure for US but here in UK I paid about £250. Well worth it though, nice product with no match for FFB as far as I know !

1 Like

I have the Brunner CLS-E yoke and have enjoyed it for many, many years now with thousands of hours in different aircraft.

I was on the fence if it would be worth it with the rather hefty price tag but I couldn’t be more happy with it! Still as new and works perfectly fine with MSFS. The quality is absolutely top notch. Feels more like an industrial piece of equipment rather than something you would use at home.

Below is the review that pushed me over the edge back when I was deciding if I would pull my credit card out. So happy I did!

1 Like

wow, that is some very appealing but expensive gear, gonna have to start saving some money.

1 Like

My only problem has been with the rudder pedals. The toe brakes do not work 1:1, instead they do this weird thing where if you press them just a little, then the in-game brakes will slowly go to 100% instead of just holding at the actual angle the brakes are being pressed. At the other extreme, if you press them all the way really quickly, the in-game brakes only rotate at a fixed, much slower rate - and act similarly when releasing. It seems almost like they are being treated as binary inputs (on/off) rather than analog axes. You can verify that the hardware is working correctly by viewing the progress bar displays in CLS profile manager Analog Inputs, so it’s definitely something with how that data gets translated to FS2020.

2 Likes

I think the CLS2SIM software talks directly to MSFS, so not translated except by the software I would think. It might need some configuration in the CLS2SIM software.

I’ve seen a few others on youtube saying those pedals work well. I hope they do because I just ordered them along with the yoke and the joystick.

2 Likes

I pulled the trigger shortly after my post and can say this really is where its at folks. There’s a bit of a learning curve with the software, but once you know what does what, it really is a game changer. The fact that every plane literally ‘feels’ different now, is incredible. I’ve tweaked the one profile for the AFL 172 in XP11, and I can say it feels nearly identical to the 172 I fly IRL. I’ve gotten the MSFS one close, but there’s something still missing about it I haven’t sorted out yet. Looking forward to picking up their rudder pedals in the near future for the full experience! The CJ4 profile feels pretty incredible as well. Actually feels like flying different aircraft now instead of just pulling against the same rubber band or spring type setup in other yokes.

2 Likes

Same here, I bought all 3 of these:

CLS-E MK II YOKE
CLS-E FORCE FEEDBACK JOYSTICK
CLS-E MK II RUDDER with Toe Brakes

and have only had them a few weeks but I’m very very happy with them so far and would find it very difficult now to go back to lifeless controllers.

But they are very expensive and maybe would not be good for people who don’t like to have to tweak things to get them working as they like, as they are very configurable and do need to be tweaked.

thanks so much guys, sounds good so far!
but one important question for me:
whats the difference between the cls force feedback and the mk2?

The CLS-E NG Yoke

has only 3.6 inches of travel and does not have a display on the yoke
vs the
CLS-E MK II YOKE
which has 6.3 inches of travel as well as a display on the yoke.

while the NG is less expensive it is still expensive, but for me if you are going to spend that kind of money you want the one with more travel, 3.6 seems very little travel and I have seen a few posts from people who were dissappointed after buying the NG.
I’m very happy with my MKII.

1 Like

thank you! :slight_smile: im not sure how much inches of travel my honeycomb yoke has, but its enough for me, how can i found it out?

btw, i love this flight sim community, so much more friendly and helpful like any others!!!

if you own the honeycomb alpha you can just measure how far you can push it in and how far you can pull it out from the default position, add those together for total travel.

1 Like

My understanding is that the MK II is also much stronger, which also means it can move much faster. I’ve had the MK II for a while now, but have never decided if that’s a good or bad thing.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to assign the Brunner CLS-E MK II RUDDER Toe Brake in MSFS?

If it’s anything like the yoke, you assign it via CLS2SIM, and in MSFS you remove any assignment that might interfere. But I’m not an owner of the brakes, so you might want a second opinion at least.

1 Like

Hi. I am Hellmut living in a small village close to Munich Germany and I do own a CLS-E NG Force Feedback yoke. I am very slow in advancing on my projects related to the cockpit for msfa2020:

My Cockpit, work in slow progress!

As I still have some work to do to place the 2 power quadrants from Saitek, the Multi-Switch, the Multi-Panel, the Radio-Panel, the Thrustmaster TPR pedals and 3 Instrument-Panels in a way similar to what a relative shows in this video:

Cockpit I am taking as a reference

What I still have problems handling is the proper setup of the yoke in CLS2Sim. Looking in the Online profiles I found relatively few examples of profiles. I do mainly fly with the Junkers 52 and the PA28R Warrior II and IV. As soon as I have completed my cockpit and with the help of a good friend setup the MSFS 2020 I will come back here to look for help to setup the joke properly. My problem is probably that I do not catch yet the effect of the setups.