Bug at many rivers in province of Quebec, Canada

Since the last up to date we still have some bug with some rivers in my own province Quebec. I don’t know if an other patch will fix those issues, particularly on the North Shore (Baie Comeau area, Saguenay, close to Mont Joli and aussi at Beauport near Mont Ste Anne. I wish that will be fix sooner.
Depuis la dernière mise à jour qui devait régler les bugs pour les rivières. il y a toujours des problèmes avec quelques unes au Québec, Dans la région du Saguenay, Baie Comeau, Mont Joli et près du fleuve en bas du mont Ste Anne en autres. Espérons que cela pourra être fixé bientôt.

1 Like

What’s the bug though? The river isn’t there? Or something else?

Those issues have been around for a while. The land spikes and river elevation issues were introduced a couple of patches ago. They’ve fixed most of them in most places, but it seems Québec is still heavily affected.

I’ve seen tons of these issues around the entire Gaspésie area, particularly the south shore from Percé to New Richmond. The entire area around Bonaventure and CYBV is just completely messed up. It’s especially bad following the Grande Cascapedia river north from New Richmond. I lived there for several years, so it kinds of hurts my eyes to see such horrible representation of my former stomping grounds when it used to look so good.

I’ve also seen them around Mont-Joli as I was coming in to land at CYYY. I haven’t been to the other areas you’ve decribed though, but I have no doubt it looks pretty bad.

2 Likes

You can read the second comments to understand our problem with the land spike in our province. Thanks for your support.

Hi @anon83643364,
The #community:general-discussion-feedback area of the forum is not for bug reporting.

Please file a bug report on Zendesk, using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Include a detailed location.

After reporting to zendesk, you can also post in the #bugs-and-issues categories for members on the forum to see.

There are existing topics on this:

Glitches in Waterways:
Glitches - Raised Waterways -Height Issues - in Waterways - Lakes, Rivers, Bays - Bugs & Issues / Scenery - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Ground Spikes:
Ground or Terrain Spikes - Bugs & Issues / Scenery - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I will do it

1 Like

There are bizarre places. I like to land on water and sometimes I encounter hills, or broken water surfaces and crash my aircraft into it. Black screen. “You collided into an object” yeah sure :smile_cat:

Water has its own per-point elevation in MSFS. I started flying early november, as far as I remember MSFS always had funny water. I feel (am not sure) the US update made it worse. When you look at other flight sims, water looks flat. Land is elevated on top of it. Then it always works (kind of)

MSFS will be much better. Water has its own geometry, you could show a tsunami in MSFS, or tides. All nice features, but they have to get the data in properly. Guess: there is something funny with Bing water levels ? Some conversion goes wrong ? Wonder what Netherlands/Belgium/France update will do, especially the Netherlands has lots of water. And we are living 5-12m under sea level here many places. We have dikes… water on one side must be lower than water on the other side. Also, the Netherlands have elevated canals over land. Two dikes with water in between. Developers… read this before you attempt to model my country :yum:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.