Glitches - Raised Waterways - Height Issues - in Waterways - Lakes, Rivers, Bays

about 3.5nm EAST of CYVB, problem with terrain & mesh of a lac + river

Zendesk #93348

river problem just east of the airport

between EDDF and the City from Frankfurt is the river (Main) more like a mountan of water

Hi,

I am actually on the latest version (SimUpdate 3, 1.14.5.0) and the terrain glitches are still there. At least in the Area around CYBC (Bai-Comeau, Canada):

There is also a related ZenDesk Ticket:
Request #95773 (The ticket also relates to the terrain spikes in New Zealand and the terrain problem in Vanuatu)

I can’t believe more people aren’t complaining about this. The vast majority of rivers look terrible all over the UK, and now I’m flying over Mexico and I’ve seen even worse examples of the problem. See below. The first screenshot even shows both the old way rivers looked and the new way rivers look in the same place at the same time. The game looks terrible because of this right now.

Notice how the rivers also look way too reflective and their lighting doesn’t match the rest of the environment correctly. It seems like a shader bug to me that is causing rivers to appear in front of everything else including buildings and the ground.

For me, this all started after the UK World Update. I’ve sent a Zendesk ticket with many more screenshot examples but upvoting this thread would surely help to draw more attention to this serious graphical glitch.

3 Likes

This is what I see at Perranporth in the UK I dont have the zendesk

Screenshot (1278) by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

Screenshot (1277) by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

Perranporth Airfield (EGTP).

So…These black lines are a new thing now,along with the stuttering ?
I changed all AA options and LOD just to test is anything will change and guess what ? IT DIDN’T !
This is NY by the way.
It’s very frustrating having a GPU which by default has everything on ultra and not being able to enjoy the product that you are willing to pay many more $ for content.
Come on ASOBO !!
Specs
Ryzen 2700
Sapphire 6800xt Nitro+ S.E
32 DDR4
M2 Kingston 1T
4K Monitor
PSU 850 Corsair

Is anyone else getting these lines ?

1 Like

Yes, I get them also in the Los Angeles basin.

I fly small GA aircraft, generally.

They are not repeatable in my situation. But, I will get a few on most flights in a variety of locations.

this is getting worse as we move forward as i see

1 Like

It was mentioned in another topic, with a similar issue, about reducing the graphic settings a bit.

Maybe, our computers are not as good as we think they are. :grinning:

Nope.When you have a high end pc which MFS by default gives you ULTRA settings,then it’s not us.

Yes it does, when I go closer, but it is still not correct.

Heinz

1 Like

Ahuh. This seems like what is going on with what I only could suppose to have been meant to be levadas in Madeira.

Edit: imagery. See the blue snakes on the hillsides?

Can also confirm this for UK area.

But… can you jump from it? :smiley:

Here are some terrain elevation issues related to rivers.
La Baie, Quebec, Canada.

Add images

Ouch… The Yukon in Canada is bad too… I think it’s a problem because water needs special reflections and wave algorithms that need to be applied. It must be complicated, but they seemed to add a patch to the latest France version that improved them. There were many more right after the update then the patch seemed to remedy most of them.
I wish they would do the same for England Scotland

First time I came across this good vs bad river bug, next to Missolonghi airport on the Balkans bush trip :(. I don’t think I’ve seen a properly working river besides here, for a given amount of “working”.

I discovered after the last update that when I removed all my community apps that dealt with tree or height fixes I had no as in NOT a single incident of terrain spikes… So it could be if you have any of these things in your community file try removing them…

Cheers

Spawn at czbf and tell me if everything is ok

NB… Well that is a mess of a river… I am shocked and saddened too that they don’t have the airport there…
Anyway I must say in most cases the spikes have been eliminated… I wonder what the solution is for this area…