already voted!

another video from our friend on cloud artifacts
sim version 1.21.13.0

these are my clouds in ultra settings
no comment

2 Likes

yes, yes. grains visible
I have the same

If the clouds can be improved retaining as much detail as possible with no grain visible, then great!, otherwise, be careful with what you guys desire, as we could end with flat non detailed far clouds.

jm2c.

1 Like

The clouds look like an arriving sandstorm. Disaster

What they need to do is change (or add) the way the clouds morph over time. Here is a magnified section to show the grainy cloud texture I see on my XBoxS . I think if you saw that pattern against a blue sky on the fringes of a cloud that it would look OK but that same texture morphing quickly in front of a shadowed portion of a cloud doesn’t look good at all. They need something better for the cumulus face but I don’t think that pattern is necessarily bad.

To all those who have posted since the last developers Q&A: this thread has most probably run it’s course, as the bug - being some inadvertantly made changes within some color matrix from 16 bit to 10 bit - is identified and is said to be fixed with the next Sim update (or hopefully with a hotfix to SU7).
The clouds issues are therefore most probably best adressed in this thread:

2 Likes

and again began to receive this kind of clouds of live weather
settings Ultra

4 Likes

Recently we had various problems with the weather live. I think they were caused by some server changes. You can see the effects in the video. The pixels and the colored circles have decreased significantly. See for yourself in the video, I think there is an improvement. Latest nvidia drivers.

Nope. Still there, especially at 0:45.
They won’t fix this server side, a code needs to be pushed - which will happen with SU8.

1 Like

I am very familiar with the topic of errors in the clouds, I have seen errors many times and they also annoyed me. Today I noticed that it is different. How do you know what a creator can do?

I know, because Asobo themselves said it. The issue is with their rendering engine being in a 10bit instead of 16bit state. You can’t change that with a server side fix, because the render engine is inside the game.

4 Likes

Ok so I was happy to read that fixes are already ready for some of the key SU7 introduced bugs. I was disappointed not to see the fix for the SU5 introduced colour-banding bug, seeing as in the last Q&A they said the fix was done but just missed the SU7 bus. I do acknowledge though that not being listed in today’s update doesn’t necessarily mean the colourbanding fix won’t go on the upcoming release for the SU7 listed bugs.

While I remain happy that the colourbanding issue was acknowledged and has been fixed, it would be very disapponting to have to wait until the end of February to see it move to production, having already waited since July.

I continue to live in hope.
(editing to say that I have asked Jayne over on today’s dev update thread if they already know if the colourbanding fix will hitch a ride on the imminent release)

5 Likes

Fingers crossed here as well.

1 Like

Wow! Great job Asobo! That’s so nice to hear. Also see some weather fixes above.
Where did you get that? Could you somehow send all of those release notes?

1 Like

Where did you find these release notes?

2 Likes

I will be having a celebratory beer (or two) later today. Great news. Thanks for posting and thank you MS/Asobo for fixing and for planning to move this ahead of February. I can hope for cloudy evenings again.

Looks like @dlebedev angered the Gods and shared something he shouldn’t have :D. His post is gone. Well, no matter, some have seen it already and we can say that there’s plenty to be fixed in the upcoming release :).

4 Likes