[BUG LOGGED] No wind gusts for Live Weather, broken for both PC and Xbox

so for me is it also the 1 highest priority togehter with the marketplace issue for xbox :slight_smile:

But i dont like this kind of toxic things - they dont adressed in the patch note, so i dont expect it.

Lets hope it’s Asobos highest too. Now lets wait and see what SU7 brings with it without expecting to much :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just did a flight from Valencia to Maiquetia and live weather was shaking me and the wind gusts were activated.

SVVA to SVMI if you want to try it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Turbulence doesn’t equal wind gusts. I suggest you go looking for a gusty airport at badbadweather.com, fly with something that can measure the winds (Garmin cockpits, A32NX etc.) and you’ll see there’s hardly any fluctuations in wind speeds. Maybe something minor, but definitely not gusting.

2 Likes

I use shift+z addon that was in fsx, There you can see in every plane what the wind currently is.

2 Likes

At those locations you mention it’s not even is that much of gusts/winds right now. I think it is some mechanical turbulence over mountains you experience that we have had since release that make the plane go up&down. The gusts we want back pushes the plane horizontally and should be more noticable at ground level. Also the shaking in clouds they have improved in this update i think.

I already tested the gusts in this video. In the beginning when the plane almost lifts by it self thats gusts and then when i switch to live-weather thats not happening anymore, the wind is in a constant rate at 22kts on ground all the time. I used the same settings that metar reports in the custom weather settings. It’s not working and they didn’t mention it was fixed either so none to blame for it. Hope they fix it in the next weather update on november 18.

2 Likes

Ok, I know the wind was only around 5 knots in that area, but the airspeed indicator on the G1000 (C172) was going up and down like crazy and the flight was very unstable all the way until I touched the runway… which I was not experiencing before the update. It was definitely not mountain turbulence which has been there since the beginning.

Maybe it can be some improvements of the turbulence because those should create more varied windspeed as well. I had an experience like you when flying over Norway. I have it recorded here. The thing is the wind should fluctuate more or less everywhere we fly. The gusts that meteoblue and METAR reports are not injected thats for sure. That it did before they released SU4. After SU4 we get that constant windspeed everywhere on groundlevel and that makes it so easy to land. I hope they can fix that too in the next update.

That was cool actually i was not ready for that to happen and got scared of it :rofl:

I can confirm, I’m flying the CRJ-700 from Basel to Munich right now and the winds are shaking me too :slight_smile:

I tested with METAR and meteoblue the reported gusts not working. The thing you are talking about is something else enrout. The test i did was in 50kts constant of windspeed and i was flying like on a rail. and the landing was buttersmooth. The Metar was reporting 33kts g51 at EDJA. Try that place now to see if it works for your self. The wind should fluctuate between 33kts and 51kts or the speeds METAR reports right now. No flying just stand still on the runway to test. Then you can try to land there the airspeed should fluctuate much. The gusts should be most noticable when landing no shaking around that you taliking about. Test to land with gusts in custom weather. Set it up as the metar at edja and you will see the difference when you try to land.

1 Like

Please show the other things you confirming by sending videos, i’m curious to see it.

When switching to custom weather i set it up as it should be with gusts reported and then you can notice the wind fluctuating up and down as it should. No shaking around just makes it harder to land when the wind is unpredicted. I almost stalled at the beginning of the runway when the wind got to low. In live-weather i was flying like on a rail in those conditions. This was headwind, and that is easier to land in. I tried auto-throttle in both. Needed to turn it of with gusts i lost to much hight with it on. Test different airports and put yourself on approach https://www.badbadweather.com/gust and you will see there is no gusts injected.

Edit: I just uploaded the test and it’s still processing for HD&4K and it takes forever to do. Hope you can see the difference in the meantime we wait for it to process :slight_smile:

It’s two landings, the first is with live-weather and the second with custom weather. Fastforward to the landing part and rewind and look at the difference between the two landings. It’s no random shaking only the wind that gives the plane more lift or less depending on if the gust is strong or weak. In live-weather they not inject the reported gusts only the constant windspeed. Hope they fix/add it in the upcoming update.

1 Like

Here is a video from Toronto this morning …
Not sure if this is wind gusts but I don’t feel on rails anymore. This video is a Cessna 172 on autopilot.

1 Like

Maybe some gust they added but not the actual real gusts that occuring as you can see on my video above yours. There is some gusts in your video. On meteoblue i can see it is very calm winds right now in Toronto around 6kts no gusts reported on METAR. Meteoblue wind is 7-13kts. They maybe trying to get it fixed by adding it in in small steps :slight_smile: They told us they maybe will be fixed with the new weather update in SU7 in live-weather.

Well meteoblue gusts charts says otherwise…unless I am not looking at the right thing?

I’m looking here :slight_smile:

I don’t know what’s right to look at though :rofl: We don’t know for sure where they inject the data from.

Here is where i tested at EDJA, it was more gusty at the time i was flying though. Now it down to around 23kts without gusts reported in METAR anymore.

Either way your windspeed should have fluctuated between 14-25kts if the chart was correct and i could see it was around 16kts up&down max 2kts. Hope they manage to get all of the gusts that are reported in the live-weather at some point. I’m realy looking forward to it.

You’re right, it must be something else since the fluctuation should be more than this. I agree that it’ll be a great addition to the game :smiley:

1 Like

There’s some major wind storm in the Czech Republic today. Gusts were reaching up to 60 knots.
I’ve made a video comparing both live and custom weather to see the difference.

METAR LKKB 211100Z 24034G60KT CAVOK 16/04 Q1002 NOSIG

It’s important to set double the values in custom weather, because for reasons unknown, the sim halves the value you input.
That means you have to set 24068G120KT. It doesn’t make sense but it’s the only way it works.
Watch the Garmin’s wind data closely. You’ll see the fluctuations.

First half is live weather, second one is custom weather. I think I’ve buttered it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great landing. You nailed it even with gusts :slight_smile: Would be fun to see the same settings with crosswinds instead :slight_smile: I can make one with mine above i did earlier and post. Would you like to post yours.? I know you will have it rough with a cessna though. But just for fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah, it’ll be much more fun in crosswinds. I’ll definitely try tomorrow.

1 Like

I tried it with crosswind. It was so much fun! :rofl: Will upload it later. i landed on both wheels after the first touch though :rofl: It looks like those clips in landing in bad weather on youtube when looking from runway but with a real bad pilot. But i can see now that i need to learn use alot more rudder in crosswinds.