[BUG LOGGED] Power pole / pylon in front of Geneva (LSGG) runway 22 too high

Yep, just fell foul to the rouge pylon at the end of a two hour flight! :frowning:

I got a notification a week ago to my ticket (finally figured that out) that the pylons have been “fixed”.

Update issued yesterday, and I had a look. Pylons are still there. What fix?

approach on R22 has power lines that disturb the ILS approach

for me it’s one more difficulty, a challenge that doesn’t bother me

1 Like

These things will happen. The world is just to big a place for every detail to be checked.

If it’s a random location you don’t visit often, I’d just move along. If on the other hand, you fly there often, you could add a small exclusion using the inbuilt scenery editor. It’d probably only take 5 min.

Please report it to Zendesk. Maybe they then will fix it over time.

Also, maybe somebody will build/improve Geneva airport. It’s an important airport, so chances are good that somebody will do that sooner or later.
But still, report stuff like this to Zendesk.

lol yeah, 5min do to the work but first 4h to figure how to f
 the editor works ^^

1 Like

Haha, that’s kinda true actually.

1 Like

I have met the pylons at Geneva today after a nice vfr flight crossing the Alps.
Just before touchdown at sunset the pylons appeared in my landing lights. My first thought was to ignore them and fly through the pylons. The setting for crash with obstacles was set to false, so flying through a pylon shouldn’t be a problem at all. But unfortunately, the moment I touched the pylon, the Cessna fell down and ended with its wheels up in the air at the base of the pylon. So for me Friday the 13th came one day later.

I did a ILS yesterday in the dark on rw 22 in Geneva ad collided. Annoying. I do not know how to report

Yup, I was surprised by and hit the pylons today (30/11) after a short flight from LCY. I had no chance, the pylons appeared just before I hit them, I also has a probably unrelated ‘go around’ call too. I have installed the latest updates, so the bug has not been resolved 1520Z 30/11/20

solved via https://flightsim.to/file/4206/geneva-lsgg-pylon-remover-rwy-22-approach

correctif https://flightsim.to/file/4206/geneva-lsgg-pylon-remover-rwy-22-approach

2 Likes

Good one. Landed there a few days ago at night, nasty surprise.

As we can see on the picture above, near airports power poles are shorter:

So, Asobo, needs to create shorter poles for power lines near runways. Like in real life!

What’s really funny is that I put in a ticket on this issue 2 months ago, and the listed the issue as “Solved”.

Also entered a ticket about some planes constantly sounding “Landing Gear” aural warnings any time flaps are deployed (eg TBM). Supposedly “solved” months ago, but it’s still there.

Another ticket about when you ask for a fuel truck and the response is “a fuel truck is on the road”. Damned unhelpful. If it’s on the road that means it’s not at the airport - is it on the way from the refinery? Better to say “The fuel truck is on the way”. Anyway, supposedly solved, but not.

They did solve the elevation FUBARs at KRYY that I ticketed.

So out of 4 tickets, one was addressed, and the other three they just lie about it.

Use the search function to see what “solved” means in the context of a zendesk ticket. It doesnt actually mean the issue presented in the ticket was solved. It means that the ticket was completed and added to their list of issues. It’s just poor wording.

Just crashed into this on the A320. ■■■■. That bounce was scary.

coming into land on Geneva (LSGG) runway ILS 22 
 on the glide path I discovered, to my cost, a few electricity pylons 
 im pretty sure that noone in RL would put them there lol

+1 I have been caught out by these too :slightly_smiling_face: