[BUG LOGGED] Settings do not stick since SU5

I just tried playing with the graphics settings, to see if they stick. I did not shut down my computer in between. I did not see any issue at the airport that I used. BTW, I also did not see a difference between low and ultra texture resolution settings.

1 Like

I really would like to know the correct process for removing the sharpen post process, if things get messed up again, I would love to be able to turn it off as I had done previously, personally I think it look so much better with this disabled.

Experiment MMMY
I tried from ULTRA preset (loading the sim) [first photo on every set], changing it to MEDIUM preset, applying and then revert to ULTRA preset [second photo on every set], never touched the UserCfg.opt

(between SS i had to go, thatā€™s why the sun is in a diff position and in this case, after applying the graphics settings, planes dissspeared).

I also tested climbing to 30,000ā€™ and looking at the ground textures, nothing changed between graphic configs.
My sim crashed 2 mins after finished (sigh).

Iā€™m done at this point with FS. The graphics after SU5 in some areas are so bad that I canā€™t tell Medium from Ultra anymore. Done with testing between the CTDā€™s. Iā€™ll check back in a few days, weeks or months.

No, I donā€™t have Orbx London Landmarks, only EGLC. I have to check on this but my impression is, scenery London just degraded.

1 Like

Funny, your first set shows the issue, the following two sets do notā€¦

1 Like

In his second to fourth pic the roof floats, right?
See: SU5 Airports missing terminal walls/floating roofs - #4 by AtlantaFlyer

1 Like

Haha, you are right, totally messed up buildings, did not notice this on the first glanceā€¦ oh my, what is wrong with this sim, more and more stuff getting discoveredā€¦

IMHO, itā€™s placebo effect. Try to compare config files and youā€™ll see that no changes before and after.

Placebo? Look at the screens, it is obviousā€¦

3 Likes

Any other locations or does it only affect EGNX?

I made the test at LOWI and Vancouver. I do not see any difference between Ultra after starting the sim and Ultra after going through LOw before.

But what I see is that there is almost no difference between High and Ultra (except the LOD).

I live in Norway, and can tell you thatā€™s not realistic! Far too saturated landscape.

1 Like

Very interesting finding friend, thanks for sharing. Iā€™m gonna try this and take before-after screenshots also. Voted!

Hello everyone, thank you for bringing this up!
The issue has been logged.

10 Likes

Was this also logged? : SU5 Airports missing terminal walls/floating roofs - #4 by AtlantaFlyer

1 Like

Hello AtlantaFlyer, we are currently going through main bugs introduced in SU5, it will soon be logged.

5 Likes

I have found this same thing when I change from Med to High settings. Must reload Hight settings with each new boot up of the sim.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently it does save my settings (ultra with motion blur off), apparently it was placebo effect, at least for me.

This is being addressed:

2 Likes