[BUG LOGGED] Unable to leave group, flight options greyed out - Xbox

Hello everyone, some adjustements have been made server-side. Let us know if you are still experiencing the issue! Thank you for your help.

1 Like

This issue is still very much valid.
Cannot change anything, so I wont be pkaying this game until it has been fixed as it makes the game very boring very quickly. So many bugs in this game starting to make me double think whether I shall stick to this game or not.

I have the same bug on XBOX Series X till I joined a group a while a go. I stuck in these settings I can’t change any weather conditions or date/time. Always the settings fall back to this group-flight-timestamp some weeks ago.

This is a gamebreaking bug. Please fix this issue. :disappointed_relieved:

When I did this, it fixed my own problem, … BUT:

The other player in this group have this problem since then. So sadly this gives the problem only to another player. :weary:

Agreed! This did fix the problem! I had one of my US (east) friends invite me to a group and instantly fixed itself when he disbanded.

This doesn’t work i have done that and still can’t leave group any advice??

THIS works!

I am experiencing this issue still

I am still having this issue. been stuck in ‘group mode’ for a week now. don’t have many friends in the sim and nobody is ever online at the same time for me to try joining and leaving a group. please fix this issue.

I joined a group on Xbox and I joined there game they were on east and I’m in west and it changed my server to east when I joined and my weather has been going crazy switch to day night time to and my sever is stuck on east
And they controlled the weather when I joined idk plsssssss helpppppoop I wanna fly

Try to get anyone to send you an invite . Join the new group then leave.

What if your Group menu won’t drop down? That’s the problem I’m having. I can’t leave any group.

These issues are getting really annoying. I don’t understand why they let these problems linger.

1 Like

Same issue, I can’t leave a group or change flight conditions.

They need to fix this issue soon

I installed the World Update last night and it made no difference. I then deleted my Xbox cloud save (with all my landing challenge progress) and that didn’t fix it either.

The next Sim Update is a month away. I’m doubtful it will fix it either. The only work around that has worked for me is to use my daughters secondary Xbox account to play. Then everything works fine. But I want to play with my own account.

I’m convinced there’s nothing more I can do on my end to clear this. I’ve tried everything. Asobo must reset something on the server side. But they won’t respond any further. I don’t get why they are ignoring this.

1 Like

Yep, same problem after flying in a group. Really annoying.

…And obviously this issue is still ongoing or they’ve literally just reintroduced it all over again with this mystery unannounced 35 GB update.

I’ve never experienced any issues with the flight conditions, time or weather settings before until yesterday. However, since this godforsaken mystery patch got dropped that nobody at MS or Asobo seems to want to own up to at all, my MSFS weather settings are now completely stuck in a zero visibility thunderstorm that was never set by anyone anyway (clear & sunny live weather was set) & now I can’t fly at all.

The flight conditions button & the time settings are all completely greyed out & nothing I do will reset them including following the steps already posted or repeatedly trying anything that could help.

I’ve tried a complete MSFS wipe TWICE. I’ve tried uninstalling & re-downloading TWICE. I’ve tried wiping my entire profile from the device & cloud servers etc. & while I’ve now lost all of my control mappings, training progress, landing challenge progress, bush trip progress, & my entire log book & progress towards multiple achievements all reset to zero too, this ridiculous issue still persists.

ALL to no avail & my MSFS is now completely useless.

They’re utter, utter cowboys & apparently they just do not care at all how these consistent foul ups actually affects their end users.

By any standard, it’s simply unacceptable!!

I’m in the same frame of mind. No solution that I can find.

I was finally able to fix it recently. Here’s what I did:

1. Create a secondary Xbox account on your Xbox (probably would also work on PC in the Xbox app, but I haven’t tested this.
  2. Switch to your primary account. Send a friend request to the secondary account.
  3. Switch to the secondary account and accept the friend request.
  4. Switch to the primary account. Launch the game. Using the in-game menus, invite the secondary account to your game. It is not necessary to switch to the secondary account to accept the invite.
  5. The Group menu should drop down now. Activate the menu and select Leave Group.

I have not had a problem since.

The one person I play multiplayer with likes to keep his account in “Appear Offline” mode. I now suspect that is what causes this issue in the first place, and why re-inviting him to a new game and then trying to leave didn’t clear the problem. With the secondary account, I was able to control everything and avoid having to go find a random person to invite.

Really pleased you’ve found a solution. My problem is slightly different as I’ve never flown multiplayer. However I will give this a go, as soon as my re-install has finished downloading (since Sat. Morning).

Issue fixed in the 1.25.7.0 version of the sim