[BUG LOGGED] XBOX Series X: Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS One - button assignment works incorrectly

I’m following up with the team, but this is still being worked on at the moment and is prioritized as high as this affects a ton of players.

9 Likes

Add me to the list of seriously dissatisfied customers! To use the cliche, correcting this bug “isn’t rocket science”. And, as noted by many other Xbox Series S/X forum members, this hardware was EXPLICITLY advertised by Microsoft as being FULLY compatible WITHOUT any mention of “requires workarounds”. I (and others) understand bugs/issues require prioritization BUT how many of these bugs/issues are related to ADVERTISED functions that do NOT work?

3 Likes

at last an acknowledgement. We need more of this to keep us informed.

an ETA for a fix for both sensitivity not saving and incorrect buttons would be good.

4 Likes

And the ETA is?

1 Like

You need to be able to map controls to play the game without having an additional device around. Perhaps not a scam, but it is junk as it stands right now.

Thanks for the update, appreciate it! Looking forward to the fixes in the future.

That hotas bug is something that should be used as a reason for 100% money back! Shame!

2 Likes

Thanks for the acknowledgment @Jummivana.

That it doesn’t seem to appear on any bug list in the dev update suggests it’s not at all being treated as a priority.

I for one would feel less annoyed about this situation if I saw it was at least listed as a bug that’s being worked upon.

2 Likes

Yes that is concerning. I have no faith that this will be fixed at all.

they should refund all folks how got hotas! That was scam!

As much as I appreciate the Hotas One custom mappings are not working well and sensitivity changes currently not saving, I stop short of overreactions calling for refunds/ditching the Hotas. Look on the positive side, I don’t have to fly with the XBox controller, tbh the hotas default mappings work fine as is, all aircraft primary control surfaces are catered for and work. I’ve used it since launch and couldn’t do without it. Customisations (not sure what I’d really want to do other other than sensitivity saves can wait for future fixes). Not saying they shouldn’t be fixed, but the histrionics on display about this issue are something else.

3 Likes

I totally agree. I was very frustrated with inability to remap at first, but over time I’ve found that the default mapping, when playing with wireless mouse and keyboard for other functions, works well enough, and certainly much better than a controller. Still hoping they fix what is wrong sooner rather than later, and it is still annoying that it didn’t work properly out of the box on day one, but I don’t regret the purchase…

3 Likes

Exactly. From a UI point of view KB + mouse + hotas (as is), are all you really need. I don’t use the KB much, I do use the mouse a lot. Hotas is honestly fine as is, but I recognise the limitations, especially the lack of saving sensitivity changes to a profile. It will get fixed I’m sure so in the meantime you might as well use it to fly with.

1 Like

XSX user here. They said to stick with default mapping but it does not work either.
For example if I am in cockpit view the directional does not work at all. Also no way to move to instruments view. Trying to complete the first tutorial is impossible as well since a it tells you to press buttons that do not work with controller either.
Can we have something simple but working like Elite Dangerous or SW: Squadrons?

1 Like

It does. Is your Hotas switched to ‘XBox’ on the back? I have mine directly plugged into a rear USB of the XBox X, no hubs, no powered hubs, just a 3m USB cable. If you are using a hub try removing it and plugging it directly into a rear USB socket. My Hotas One works fine (apart from being unable to save sensitivity or trying to reassign buttons which I don’t need to do). The HAT switch changes views etc. Functions like Park brake, Engine start, Throttle, Trim, Flaps & Gear are all assigned by default along with the primary surfaces - ailerons, elevators, rudder, and brakes. It all should work as shown in image. Only thing I can’t confirm is smart camera (i haven’t used it yet), the rest should work as shown -

2 Likes

I concur; the default mapping works for me on my Xbox Series X.

1 Like

Exactly this. The ‘workaround’ is a non-starter.

That mapping is misleading. Hat switch does not work in cockpit view.

Also using or not using a usb hub does not change anything.

The HAT switch works fine for me. Switches cockpit views fine. cycles through instrument views etc.