[BUG LOGGED] XBOX Series X: Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS One - button assignment works incorrectly

It shouldn’t change anything. Doesn’t mean to say that it doesn’t.

OK, just to update. My T.Flight X Full Set is now dead. Started up MSFS and it didn’t show up on the controller list. Xbox light out. Pressed Xbox light on the stick, turns on and then goes out. Unplugged and restarted everything, now only the “power light” above the Xbox button light up, but then goes out. Now officially a $200 brick.

I put in a support ticket but will probably call Thrustmaster next week. AAAAAGH!

They will tell you to switch it to ‘PC’ on the back and plug it into a PC with the Thrustmaster drivers installed to check to see if all the axis work as expected or not. Just giving you a heads up as you can do this in advance.
Thrustmaster Windows 10 Hotas One drivers are linked here

Well, I tried that and nothing. Then I unplugged the USB adapter from the flight stick and plugged it back in. Reconnected to the Xbox and it works. Somehow that connection got loose. Xbox light however still is not coming on.

Back to the topic at hand, although the T.Flight setup is usable, it is not performing as advertised. I find it ridiculous that there has not even been any attempt to address the problems two months after release!

I don’t have the pedals so can’t comment on them. You could try using the stick on it’s own first try to narrow down where the problem lies. The XBox ‘X’ button doesn’t light up on the Hotas One, just a small tiny light above it does. Yes, the button re assignment and lack of sensitivity saving issues are a problem, more so for some, but they don’t stop me flying with everything set to default.

Any update on this?

bonjour
suite à la mise à jour 1.19.9 il ne m’est plus possible d’affecter une commande du jeu à mes commandes de vol : ( thrumaster T 16000, throttle et MFD cougar)

mes commandes apparaissent bien sur les reglages du simu, les touches déjà affectées sont bien inscrites, mais pas moyen d’y acceder pour les modifier.
un avis ? , merci.

Microsoft, today marks the 2 month anniversary of the launch of FS 2020 for Xbox and the immediate and simultaneous failure of the Thrustmaster T. Flight HOTAS One to retain button and sensitivity re-assignments. While there maybe a few people on this forum who have no problem paying for and using faulty software the majority of the over 120 complainents together with thousands of othere are angry and frustrated at your total lack of action or even communication of your progress.
This inability to rely on this HOTAS has completely spoiled my enjoyment of this otherwise great game, it is very frustrating to constantly loose sensitivity settings even during a pause.
Ever since the launch of MS-DOS Microsoft have consistently launched faulty and bug ridden software in the assumption that their paying customers would help fix the problem, you even managed to make it an industry standard.
It seems very little has changed !

7 Likes

So… any update on this?

I’m wondering… does this apply to all Thrustmaster peripherals, or just the HOTAS One?

What “all Thrustmaster peripherals” ? :thinking:

Device management is totally different from a PC, where you usually have a driver that then exposes the game to a series of standardized functions (thus, all joysticks are “seen” in much the same way by games - and therefore all work, at least for basic functions).

On a Xbox, it’s different since there is no real OS or drivers. I rather think they use function libraries.

The point is, on the Xbox, only the devices that have been programmed for a game will be visible, and not the others.

:joystick: I own a Thrustmaster TMX steering wheel, which works perfectly with car games, like Forza Horizon 4. I plugged it in (on a usb hub), at the same time as my mouse, my keyboard, the Hotas One (and the wireless xbox controller).

The TMX works, I even have access to the functions of the Xbox interface (menu, restart, etc …). But when I run MSFS, it does not appear in the CONTROL OPTIONS menu.
:triangular_flag_on_post: It is simply not recognized! however, it is clearly seen by the Xbox, because if I press the “white / xbox” button I return to the main menu of the xbox.

So, I wonder what you mean by “all”, because to my knowledge, the Hotas One is the only one thrustmaster joystick recognized by MSFS. If you try to use another joystick, I’m quite sure it doesn’t works.

T16000 is a device for PC, not for XBOX !
If you try to use it on MSFS on Xbox, it’s not surprising that it don’t or badly works.

I have the same problem with my Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One.
The ingame layout is wrong.

Hi Jayne, please may we have an update from the team on an approximate ETA for the Hotas One Problems! Many thanks!

1 Like

je ne suis pas sur x box mais sur PC depuis le debut de ce jeu et avec les joy T 16000 + pedalier+throttle ainsi que les mfd cougar qui depuis aout 2020 fonctionnent tous correctement. Cette MAJ 1.19.9 bloque tous les reglages à venir. Heureusement les reglages déjà effectués fonctionnent mais pas possible de faire de nouveaux reglages.

Good point. I was referring to other Thrustmaster joysticks, but forgot that the HOTAS One is the only one supported for XBox.

Is there an ETA for a fix for Hotas button and sensitivity issues? Been over 2 months now !!

1 Like

Something tells me it’s in a Sim Update 6 or 7 if I was to guess. That’s what I’m looking out for. If I don’t see it by Update 7 I’m not going to be unhappy and will be selling my rig. Hold out for another stick setup.

Thought update 6 was sept 7th, 7 is how far away?

Getting mixed up with World Update 6 and Sim Update 6?

Sim update 6 is scheduled for Oct 21