Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

Submit to Zendesk instead of talking about it here. Simple as that.

chrome_4WJbhtK9Ry

What is it with people saying “report it to zendesk” assuming they have not done so, it’s the first thing I do!

This is a place to talk about the problem, otherwise what’s the point in a forum.

@CptLucky8 - Are extremely tall hangars something Asobo’s building override effected as well? And if so, would your fix solve this? It’s extremely immersion breaking when I taxi back to The Castle at King’s Landing.

EDIT: Yes, I reported this to Zendesk.

EDIT2: I did manually update the 2 Japan contents.

1 Like

Yes this is a good place to talk about the problem, and there are things to discuss. These forum discussions, with all the additional information that comes out in the form of screenshots and so on seem very valuable for more complex issues like this one, in addition to the Zendesk tickets.

Even within the limitations of autogen there are certainly things that can be done. Looking for example at the farm screenshot posted by @scottiew1965: The AI either has the wrong idea of what a farm building looks like or, more likely, does not realize those building footprints represent a farm.

Seems there are two ways that could be addressed:

1. The AI could be improved to better identify the building footprint. That is important feedback to Blackshark that this is something that is very noticeable to users and it would be good to prioritize those AI improvements.
  2. The building parameters could be tweaked to give more realistic buildings within the current AI limitations. That is maybe more of a workaround, and is tweaking the community is already starting to do for ourselves. Seeing and hearing the results from such tweaking, what works and what doesn’t, is very useful. For example, can the buildings in the farm screenshot be identified in distribution.toml, can the parameters be tweaked to get a more believable looking farm, and what effect will that have on the look of a town or city.
1 Like

I must say I’ve been trying something which is not fixing UK buildings in the countryside. Between 1.9.3 and 1.9.5 Asobo has removed some specific UK entries in the distribution.toml file but putting these back is not restoring anything.

I suspect they’ve removed these entries because the scenery has been updated in their Azure/Bing servers to match but probably the server update is no propagated yet or there is still a mismatch/bug between the two.

This is not affecting UK only but I’ve seen similar apartment buildings in South of France (didn’t pay attention to this before so I can’t say whether this is new either over there).

See I knew it wasn’t just me seeing it, thank you again Cptlucky8 for your continued hard work and dedication into looking into this.

Very much appreciated after what comments Jokabaku keeps throwing my way, that it’s all me and everything is rosie. Again thank you, I very much look forward to your findings in this.

However @Jokabaku is also right: the fix I’ve published did correct many tall buildings which were not supposed to be this tall at all, and 1.9.5 fixes this in doing exactly the same as I did, in removing the extraneous entries left over in the configuration file (most likely left over during development).

What you’re reporting is different, and you are also right, but this is a different matter related to AI recognition of ground features as buildings and this can also be related to wrongly defined entries in the buildings configuration file, both affecting each other.

So you are both right and it might be some rural areas were exhibiting taller buildings before, now fixed (from a tall building point of view) but still too tall (from a AI point of view).

Yes, very well worded, so my assumption in small villages in the UK being affected negatively with medium sized blocks is correctly founded, it’s a shame as I love flying over all the cotswold and more remote parts of England, but at the moment it’s extremely ugly.

But as I said pre Japan, although auto generated default buildings were still used, it was much more realistic as the height barely exceeds the surrounding trees/forests of these villages, which is how it would look in real life rather than the small-medium office blocks which now occupy these areas.

I deleted the addon from my community folder and loaded up LFLB Rwy 18 and here is the view of the town
tall buildings ! Seems like inaccurate autogen to me not a faulty addon.

You might want to clear the rolling cache in case this is a factor?

Still noticing the crazy skyscrapers outside Liverpool heading to Manchester, and down at the tip of Italy/Sicily. I cleared rolling cache, installed the buildings patch but they are still there. I tried going into profile/content manager but no content is updating on screen, it appears frozen, so I cant check the small japan patch updates that other report working.

Good point. I deleted the rolling cache and restarted MSFS. Same tall buildings show up. Until there is some type of fix to this autogen issue i’m just gonna enjoy my new airport scenery !

have you updated the 2 files in the content manager 32kb and they are from Japan buildings
fixed it for me
so it should get fixed for you too
its a small manual update

1 Like

Did you go into your Content Manager within Profile and make sure that the Japan Buildings and Japan Points of Interest items are designated as Up to Date?
I just flew in LFLB and there are no tall buildings. Everything is 1 or 2 stories high.

1 Like

One thing is clear. Since they did Japan world update, they are making USA world update, at some point, they will make Great Britain world update too, which will, you know, probably resolve the issues we’re having.

Right now you can’t do much about it. What we have right now is just how it always was, you just start noticing inaccuraces, which is normal.

Seems like two places in the world need update right now, UK and Middle East.

Considering that this is like maybe 10-15% of the world, that’s pretty good all things considered. Even Russia (region with many ugly textures) has a lot of accurate building heights, which is really saying something about how impressive BlackShark Ai is.

1 Like

Issue with tall buildings has been fixed on my system. I did remove the mod before updating.

No- as I said in my post I tried to go into content manager but the screen freezes, nothing comes up. I got bored after waiting 20 minutes with a frozen computer and turned it off.

Same, been fixed on mine too as already discussed, we are now tallking about a different problem, but similar bug.

Still have the building issue. Cache cleared. I still must use that patch to be able to have a nice scenery.