Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

In some areas in Germany regular buildings of about 2-3 storyes have been replaced by buildings which are much too tall. Even small villages have skylines now!

This was not the case before the patch.

Please see attached screenshots. In real life those buildings only have 2 or 3 stroreys like ones I have highlighted in green.

For me, this is the worst immersion killer so far, as VFR flights had been the one discipline in which MSFS could really shine - until now. This really needs to be fixed and reverted to pre-1.9.3.0 as soon as possible.

I noticed the same problem in austria.

6 Likes

I absolutely agree. It looks horrible and very unreal.

2 Likes

Can confirm that for France…
Everything wrong after the update… :frowning:

1 Like

Same issue here in the States.

2 Likes

Same in Germany Bielefeld and around

1 Like

buildings can’t be wrong if the city doesn’t exist!

21 Likes

I fully agree. It was a pleasure to do a VFR flight before, but now it’s a nightmare.

Regards from Essen (Ruhrgebiet)
Michael

3 Likes

In UK, too, it’s the whole world, they changed 1 or 2 of the static default models and this is the result, it’s actually horrendous my little town is all 2 story building in real life, now we have 10 story office blocks everywhere, now it looks like a bloody city, this needs fixing asap, instant immersion breaker.

7 Likes

Same in Spain, deltebre and riomar, a lot of the one Story buildings are now 3 or More.
Thats a total showstopper for me.

3 Likes

Flew into Manchester since the patch and noticed the same, especially on the final approach. Lots of tall buildings which certainly aren’t that high in real life - the positioning is right, but the scale totally incorrect.

2 Likes

The same thing in North East UK. My local airport (EGNT) has apparently built some multi-storey office blocks where there should be single storey warehouses

2 Likes

Agreed, same around my local airports, Coventry, Leicester and generally around the Midlands, UK. Ridiculous tall buildings that weren’t there before the patch and that don’t exist in real life.

1 Like

Ok you ALL need to report this through Zendesk. Then Asobo will hear you. They won’t on these forums

4 Likes

True. I already sent my report and attached the same screenshots as above.

2 Likes

Good job. Can everyone else do the same please.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem in the UK since the new update. Tall buildings all over, even in small towns and villages. Looks very wrong compared to how it used to be. Before the update most buildings seemed quite accurate in terms of height, but now it really is way off.

Can you report to Zendesk if you haven’t already. The more noise we make, the more chance of getting this fixed. Thanks

actually, they do or if you haven’t seen they take the top most voted issues from the forum and investigate (see last weeks development update).

Also @Asobo, I would like to personally verify the western suburbs of Chicago are NOT full of 40 story buildings :man_facepalming:t2:
Who regressions tests these patches a room full of school children??

6 Likes

Ok I stand corrected, didn’t realise that. No harm in reporting to Zendesk too though ; )

2 Likes