Bush Flying in Papua New Guinea

Hi there,
Basically, if the focus of the first post is a video, and the OP meets the requirements to post in this section, then it’s Content Creators. That’s the guidance we have been given.
Like a lot of video posts, this category didn’t exist at the time this was created, so I have been slowly moving posts into this category over time.
CC: @FrankPilot1530

1 Like

Another great PNG flight below. Cheers.

1 Like

PNG : North-Western Stanleys

I reserved that flight for the Beaver:
PAP_NG_CE.PLN (4.5 KB)

11 mostly stock € airfields - some short (800ft) and high (7300ft), moderate slopes.
No rugged mountains this time, green valleys, lots of slash & burn patches

Questions to islands experts:
the freeware-strips-scene has become confusing to me - i.e. the interference/conflicts between different packages (and/or individual airports).
Whats the best community folder approach for the mountains (!) on both sides of the border?
Rumour has it that a WU (including DEM/Bing) is coming in 2023 - the vote stands at 80, enough?

€ out of a list list of 580 PNG-Airports (Transport in Papua New Guinea - Wikipedia)
are 412 in the sim (https://fsxmap.com/). Not bad!

Next PLN is for a DC-3, then comes the Caribou, oh my…

1 Like

Hi Frank and Island-Friends,

was just short of posting a flight with the RAAF Caribou in the Western Bismarck Range but it has to wait as our prayers have been answered:
With WU13 in April comes a full rework of Papua - PNG and the Jaya !

Great news, hopefully the cloud cover aerial interpolation is over and the airstrips-modders can deal with the better DEM

tally-ho the Pig Mumu !
RF

2 Likes

I thought of you when the news about WU13 came out! That night I saw you online and I was going to come up alongside you but I think you usually fly with multiplayer off. I have a couple of other international friends who I fly with and we chat a little via text messaging on this forum. See you in the new MSFS PNG real soon! Cheers.

1 Like

yeah, I saw you cruising along India-Sikkim and thought about an intercept - but your Daher was too fast for my lumbering AN-2 … :wink:

will post another Aussie 1932 adventure later today, stay tuned!

1 Like

Hi Frank and friends of the Pig Mumu,

whats your take on WU13-Papua ? I did the Bushtrip and found little improvement (except around Puncak). All .to add-on strips on the way were in place, apparently no problems with a new DEM.
Any background from the devs on details of the island’s update?

cheerio
RF

PS: were you aware of this Susi pilot’s fate:
New Zealand pilot captured by Papuan fighters says he is ‘alive and well’ in new hostage video | CNN

1 Like
1 Like

In a new series of videos we will review most of the available freeware airstrips in Papua New Guinea (PNG). This Part 1 video covers the first 5 highest airstrips. PNG is noted for its challenging bush/backcountry strips, high in mountains, low in valleys, often short & sloping with difficult approaches & limited or no go-arounds. Come see how I go in a Cessna 152 & then give them a go yourself. Hope you enjoy. Cheers.

2 Likes
1 Like