Bush trip starts at night

This is also discussed on another thread
CayManTZ ( Thanks Cayman TZ!” posted this workaround which works for me but it does lose some of the data on the navlog.
That’s a pain but at least you can use it in daylight.

“Same problem with me. I completed the first leg of that bush trip “Breckenridge to Mariposa Yosemite - Nevada” and each subsequent leg starts in darkness like around 4:10 AM for the 2nd leg, 4:15 AM for the 3rd leg. I then used
ESC
GENERAL
DEVELOPERS - Developer Mode ON
( my addition - go to the drop down menus at top one ( I forget which) has “Local time” in it - drag the slider to 8h for 8:00 AM
APPLY & SAVE
DEVELOPERS - Developer Mode OFF
APPLY & SAVE
ESC
ESC”

1 Like

Several times now, on the Yosemite bush trip, the sim starts up at night. I don’t think this is by design because I won’t see any of the scenery! :slight_smile: A re-boot has fixed this issue before, so the leg starts up in daylight, but that hasn’t fixed it this time on the Susanville to Bodad leg. Also… the headlamp occasionally turns on by itself. I’ll turn it on then off with the L key to verify my heading then a minute or two later it comes back on by itself. It takes a few tries to get it to stay off again.

I have had the night problem which I cured by leaving the aircraft sitting at the airfield for several hours and dawn!

4 Likes

I too lose the navlog data after performing the dev work around. Time and distance are also missing from the menu screen when you choose to fly the next leg, restart, etc

I have found another problem with the navigation/route data.

I completed a bush trip ( Nevada) and it didn’t recognise I was at the final airport.

Funny thing was it recognised each of the previous ends of legs. At each ( even those after I had done the mentioned work around) it did an external view of the aircraft and said “Leg Completed” etc etc.

But when I landed at Mariposa Airport ( the final leg for the Nevada bush trip ) it made no sign of recognising it was completed. I even took off again and landed again, taxied to various spots and applied the brakes and shut down the engine but nothing triggered a response.

It doesn’t really matter but would be nice to have it finalise the trip.

I have another question.
My bush trip menu only has 3 trips (Nevada, Balkans and Pategonia).
No Alaska.

Any tips on finding the Alaska or more of these bush trips?

Alaska was added with the US update. If I remember correctly you need to download USA (free) in the market place.

Too bad the bush trips are still having problems, it’s a great place for newbies to expand skills.

On a pc each bush trip has a separate folder structure. On my pc (for use xx) the top level is C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES. Look for the ‘master’ FLT file, two further directories down, eg ALASKA_SAVE\ALASKA_SAVE\ALASKA_SAVE.FLT. You can edit the file using notepad (copy it to a backup first if you’re worried about trying this). Search for “DateTime” and you should see a [DateTimeSeason] section. Here you can edit the Date/time as you like. Save the file and restart FS before retrying the leg. You need to restart as it looks like the file contents are cached once you fly or attempt to fly a leg in a session. The leg should then start at the time you specified and nothing else should have changed.

There are a lot of other things in the master FLT file for those with a desire to tweak.

4 Likes

I now have both Patagonia and Balkan trips half way with the next legs wanting to start at night. I think I could cope with the work around but will wait for a fix. If the trips are intended to be run in real time that would seem a little unrealistic, even in lockdown so perhaps the developers would include an option to set the start time for each leg rather than expect we amateurs to alter programs, sorry apps.

1 Like

For the time of day, this worked for me. Thanks!

But navlog is still empty since I changed the time in Dev mode trying to fix this issue. No worries, that’s what SkyVector.com is for :slight_smile:

There is a way to fix the navlog by putting missing entries back in to the FLT file, but you’d need to locate the downloaded mission within packages and find the original FLT file to copy from, which is messy and is probably more trouble than it’s worth! I think a little work on SkyVector before each leg as SomeVegasDude suggests is the way to go (whether or not you still have navlog entries).
If you want to follow the planned route as far as possible you can get some guidance from the splash screen at the start that shows the entire trip (grab it from screen using something like snipping tool or find it in the images sub directory of the downloaded mission). Once printed, with the help of SkyVector you can work out where each leg starts and ends and try to fly the suggested route.

On a side note we all hope that bugs are fixed sooner rather than later but I suspect that the main Asobo push will always be to offer new ‘features’ like the recent 3D release, in an attempt to drum up more sales. So don’t hold your breath on bug fixes! And to be fair to Asobo, without new sales support work would stop,

Thx! That worked! :+1:

Sent to the devs!

2 Likes

Had the same problem with the Breckenridge bush trip. Unlighted grass strip in the middle of the night, VFR in the mountains isn’t much fun. Decided to try it anyhow, and crashed. When it reloaded, it was daytime, so that’s an option, if you’re going for the award and don’t want to start again.

Matt C.

1 Like

bonjour meme probleme dans les Balkans ,j’ai tout fait de nuit

Did Asobo change time of day settings on Bush Trips? I flew the default ones LONG ago, but it was always about the same time and always morning.

I did this but then it recorded my flight time as 00:00:00

you got to download it in the content manager

steam folder is D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\PublishedPackages\Official\Steam\Asobo-bushtrip-balkans\Missions\Asobo\BushTrips\Balkans

and I changed the start time to 10 and in game it says local time 8:00:00 I suspect it was not changing the time of year thats why it was dark… at 5:00.

Thanks, I now have daylight.
It took me some time to find LOCAL TIME, it is only visible from within the BUSH flight in developers mode.
Your help is appreciated.

1 Like