Bush trip starts at night

Same problem here with the Nevada-bushtrip: start-setup on a runway in the middle of the night; alas i couldn`t find a Nevada_SAVE.FLT, the “\PublishedPackages”-subdir was nearly blank, at least no “*.FLT”. So i finally tried the “crash-solution” (somewhat below in this thread) sigh - on restart it worked for me. I will have to find out, if the bush-trip “counts” for the achievemnets.

edited blush i looked harder now and found the SAVE.FLT-files in
C:\Users…\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\NEVADA_SAVE\NEVADA_SAVE

edited 2: all worked fine for several legs but after finishing leg 19 (Bodad->Sierravilla), which FS confitmed finished, the Navlog went blank and the next discription still says “Bodad”.
Anyway, finished the trip without Navlog - which was way more (terrifing) interesting searching a way on my own on the last leg (icing, freezed ASI, ice on the screens and dead end valleys).

edited 3 Hups, it did it again. This time during the bush trip Patagonia, leg 5. After the last (tiny) FS update (??? perhaps that is the reason???) next startup at night (okok very early morning and later on a very red sky) and navlog blank. F*** me. I will try again with the Alaska trip.

edit 4 Yes, and again. After enyoing the Alaka-Trip without update and without missing navlogs and stuff now arrives The “French”-Update and boom there we go again: stuck in Patagonia (again) without navlogtext (it showed up when i started the flight but after the first camera switch it was all gone) and just somewhat before sunset. Guess i have to hurry to finish Patagonia before next update arrives.

Went to the LocalState/MISSIONS folder, found Nevada_Save.FLT, edited it, found DateTimeSeason and it showed an Hour as 9. Confused me, FSFS is sometimes in UTC, so rather than alter that number, I tried the time tested method, took off in the dark (the landing lights on the Cub are useless), climbed 1000 feet and the corkscrewed it into the ground. This apparently overstressed the airframe (LOL!) and let me restart. This time the sun is out, birds are singing, flowers growing. YAY! Worked for me… :laughing:

Does anyone else have this issue where the second leg of the newly added Bordeaux bush trip starts at night? I did the first leg a couple of hours ago and when I continue from the second leg, it spawns me in the airport at 01:16 UTC.

I’m flying this bush trip online with my friend and he is experiencing the same problem.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

No, the folder is empty.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Brief description of the issue:

Second leg of Bordeaux bush trip starting at night.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load the second leg from the main menu.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Ryzen 5 2600X, RTX2070, 16GB RAM 3200Mhz, Windows 10 v2004, MSFS 1.15.7.0

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

No.

Can anybody tell me why we are flying in the dark, whats the point and when i arrive at Saint Auban, the aerodrome is in Blackout.

Not sure what might be wrong with your settings, the entire bush trip is flown in broad daylight. You cannot change time or weather, it is preset.

Are you kidding, i havent seen anything on the ground for the last two legs hahahahaha, i suppose thats good in a way but everytime i ended the last two legs, it has gone to dusk then complete blackout and im praying for a sunrise, hahahaha, what could be wrong, there is nowhere to change the settings when you are in the trip.

I’m thinking maybe change the time of day before starting the bush trip

You cannot do that. Time and weather are preset.
Not sure but with the vast number of “improvement” mods out there, there might be something that is causing it. Suggest you empty your community folder and try to see if that problem continues.

1 Like

Thanks for help MikePapa4008, where do i find the community folder, never been there.

Hi, i think i have a problem with the new bush trip, from leg 10 to leg 12 , the day is turning from dusk to night. I have asked this in gneral discussion and i have been told that all legs should be in total daylight, can anybody help, thanks

That is weird. Good luck landing leg 14 in the dark :astonished:

Do you fly leg to leg or quit after each and go back later? I’m about to start leg 16 and they have all been in daylight few clouds.

hmm if you don’t know where it is, it is probably already empty
Location depends on which version you have.
In case of Microsoft Store version, the community folder can be found on: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\community

In case of Steam version: %APPDATA%\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\community

This has happened for me on a couple of other bush trips.
You can edit the time to go back to day.
You’ll find each trip save at…
C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\FRANCE_SAVE\FRANCE_SAVE_0011

Open the .FLT file.
Find the section called “DateTimeSeason” and change the hour there

2 Likes

Sometimes I fly two or three legs then close it down and go back to it another day I’ve checked yesterday after applying the new update but it is still in the dark, frustrating because about four weeks ago, I completely reinstalled win 10 and the game, which are the only two installs on this new gaming computer.

Wow, cheers, I will try this and let you know

I have got a reply in another part of the forum where he has had the same problem as me. He has given me a tip on changing the time of day in the Bush trip. I will let you know if I have success.

1 Like

I follow this to roaming but the only items in there are Adobe and Microsoft, there is nothing that says Microsoft flight simulator

Mine is in a different location
App data
Local
Packages
Microsoft flight simulator
local state
MISSIONS
ACTIVITIES
FRANCE_SAVE
FRANCE_SAVE_0011
Opened the FLT folder using notepad
DATETIMESEASON section
I found the time was 21:24 so changed this to
09:24 and saved it
But still shows local time on the leg as 21:27
I will find a solution…

Oh yeah, that’s right, the savefile location depends on wether you bought the Steam version or the XBOX verison. I have the Steam one.

No problem, I’m going to continue with the Alaska one and see what happens. On the NAVLOG in the trip, the local time is ticking away, so if you waste any time then it will go dark. I think I was using the drone some of the time when I landed and you have to realise the day is going by into night.