Bush Trips broken?

All my bushtrips are reset to 0%. Again. Motivation works the opposite way.

4 Likes

Hi guys, back from taking a break. I am new to bushtrips.

Am I suspposed to use a stopwatch to follow the legs or are the legs supposed to be in the flight plan, in those planes where there is a glass display.

I’m having this same issue exactly. The same behavior also appeared when I flew the Finland trip. I flew the last leg but it didn’t register the bush trip as completed.

@RootBeerCoyote and sehnsedahamses (can’t tag 3 people, I’m too new) I’m sorry to hear it’s such a cluster-f! They really need to fix these. Everybody seems to be having different issues.

@ButtOwipoLIVE I would say the stopwatch is just another backup to measure whether or not you’re close to your next POI. You just have to remember to reset it when you hit each marker. I don’t use it much. I believe the legs and POIs are supposed to be in the cockpit display as well, but I’m not 100% sure. I remember seeing them at some point when I hit the FPL button. I usually rely on the heading and VFR line for each POI.

Also, if you really get lost, find the D> (Direct To) button on the cockpit display and type in the legs destination airstrip code with the scroll wheels. Worst case you can fly straight there.

1 Like

Bush trips are mostly fine for me, although functions change (or stop working, idk) with updates like the Garmin displaying route. It also restarts in the middle of a forest where it’s impossible to take off, as mentioned in this thread. My problem is actually finishing the trip, as also mentioned. Going to main menu or activity menu doesn’t make a difference for me. Land at the last airport, it triggers the leg as completed, even a notification about finishing the bush trip. Then menu says 94% completed, and continuing restarts at 2nd to last airport. Completed both the Yosemite and the Pyrenees/Alps trips, but neither admit to being completed, just 94%. Please help!

I have the exact same issue. The VFR map does not show the route anymore.
Annoying.

@sehnsedahamses
My training and landings went to 0% after that big update, but thankfully hadn’t started the bush trips yet. That sucks you lost the bush trips!

That’s usually easy: just leave the game and restart, then it shows up as 100% for me.

1 Like

My stuff got reset to zero after the sim update with the Xbox release. I can see how that might be necessary to introduce the bronze/silver/gold rankings for the landing challenges and (why ever that was deemed necessary) instruction flights. But since the bush trips aren’t evaluated, resetting those was not necessary IMO.

1 Like

Oh, I’ll give that a try. Thank you!

Agreed, doesn’t seem necessary to me either. But that Xbox thing was a big update

I had the same issues with the navmap and compass rose not showing after a couple of legs, and then the final leg not counting to 100%.
I ended up restarting the entire Alaskan bush trip and didn’t exit in between legs, simply continued. I didn’t have time to do the entire trip, so left my Xbox on the pilot log screen that appears between legs before hitting continue overnight, came back and flew the last couple of legs and went to the main menu afterwards and it’s showing 100%.
I noticed on my first attempt that when I landed at False Pass airport that the log said I had landed in the vicinity when I was in the middle of the runway, so it could be that when you exit it doesn’t know where you are and resets the navigation

1 Like

Do you get you,r energie for free…??
You know that even when you pause the game that its consuming a ton of energie…

Majority of it yes.
Our solar setup puts more into the grid than we use most days.

Regardless of your concerns about energy, it appears that not stopping the game works in preventing the bush trip from having its issues

If you crash during a bush trip and it puts you in a place where there’s no chance of taking off, you don’t have to complete the previous leg again, but if you load up the previous leg, and quit out, you should be able to start the leg you crashed on from the start.

I also had he issue of the last leg not changing the completion to 100%, I found that once you complete it, if you choose ‘Back To Bush Trip’, and then hit B to go back, and then choose Main Menu, it goes to 100%.

3 Likes

Hello there,
Since the last update I have seen bush trips have issues with sounds and music. Right in the place where the .wav sound is activated the simulator crashes. With previous versions this worked fine, but as of the end of July version it has stopped working.

My bush trips weren’t registering in my log book. All the legs showed the landing airport as both the start and ending points with zero time for the flight. Only thing I’ve been able to do to fix it is to exit back to the main menu between every leg. Strange.

Yep, same issue here. It is frustrating to put it mildly. Next to this issue when I click the VFR map it freezes the controls of my aircraft until I hit the escape button and resume the flight. Flight information on the VFR map is gone.

Seriously, ■■■ is going on?

I decided to take on a new start after taking a break and said to myself, lets at least try the things that are somewhat scripted: bushtrips.

My experience so far:

• Crash/Freeze upon completion of leg. About 50 percent chance it happens. Under normal curcumstances my sim crashs 1 in 10 flights

• I run out of gas, with no way to refuel, have to resort to “repair/refuel” cheat button.

• VFR map, does not work, press the button to be guided when I am lost, no plane.

Why cant the team just at least take one big break, say a year and only focus on fixing things that are not even requests? I mean so that things work as intended…

This game needs a giant enema once a year, like I do with the attic.

Thanks for that image…

You’re sort of going to get your wish, since the next two updates will be sim updates (i.e., not world updates). Personally I’d be happy if they just fix existing issues (like the bush trips), but I suspect that one of those updates will be DX12.

1 Like