Bush Trips HUD

Can we now not turn the outside view HUD off when doing bush trips? It’s all greyed out.

1 Like

Same for landing challenges…so far I have only been able to turn it off for free flight

Check your ‘assistance’ settings maybe?

And why was this changed? For me, it’s not a preferable option. I think for those of us who would like to view the chase plane, we don’t want to see our heading, flaps, etc. We can just return to cockpit view. We used to be able to turn these off in bush trips, now we can’t? Why?

If you are flying a bush trip, those options right now are greyed out.

How do you turn it off in free flight? The old option in the chase camera setting no longer exists.

Maybe you have to set them before you select the activity?

Dunno man…I’d have to look…it’s not in front of me now.

Looks like it’s in the assistance tab now. Thought it use to be in General Options > Camera

I hope they fix it soon. I hate the HUD. But here is a workaround I found. If you press INSERT on the keyboard it takes you outside the plane then you can move the camera around in Drone mode. I have an extra xbox controller connected just for this very purpose aside from my yoke and peddles. But I prefer to just switch as before.

I’d vote for this - Access to the Bush Trips Assistance menu to configure custom settings

2 Likes

Annoying new “feature” :frowning: I know how to fix it :wink:

Now we can :wink:

//Edited 03.08.2023

How to turn off annoying HUD and unlock assistance options.

1 For example go to
x:\Your_MSFS\Official\OneStore\microsoft-bushtrip-czech\Missions\Microsoft\BushTrips\ee-czech

2 Backup file named ee-czech.FLT

3 Open with Notepad or Notepad++ file named ee-czech.FLT

4 Under [Assistance] add // at beginning of the line
Preset=ASSISTANCE_PRESET_BUSH_TRIP

Before

After

SAVE CHANGES

Launch msfs and fly safe capt!

Before

After

4 Likes

yes this works good, thank you for posting the ‘workaround’ it will help people enjoy the bush trips more

i also would Love them to allow some more options, i have to ‘tweak’ too much on each trip (several edits i make revert on save and require additional edits for every session)

this ‘new feature’ is horrid to me - but additionally i want to be able to
change the aircraft (for both just fun and to make replay better)
Change/use live weather, its just no fun to Always fly in mild weather
enable multiplayer (i mean why not its just a flag in the configs and its a blast)

all of the above can be done in the configs but as mentioned some revert if /when you exit the session

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.