C152 and c208 are crawling backwards with brakes and full throttle

Please only post bugs that are new in this build, and tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Dev mode but doesn’t matter

Brief description of the issue:

Full throttle on the C152 and applied brakes let the plae crawl slowly backwards.
Can’t imagine why it should behave so?

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load C152, brakes fully applied, throttle full

Same applies to the C208

New flight model with new prop air model?

Is it doing the same thing with the k350?

Yes, of course.
haven’t installed and tried the K350.

But I have no physical explanation why the aircraft should behave so. Never had this before in any sim now.
I’m no real world pilot or expert, but seems like a bug to me!

Can confirm this bug is replicable every time, seem to be the new prop system :frowning:

Well that would be close to embarrassing adding a brand new prop feature to 3 select aircraft and mixing up the reverse gear? On a more serious not, didn’t I read in the release notes that the prop effect can be „enabled“? At least they mention a

New optional propeller simulation system

Which on the other hand does not make the problem go away unless the option is mandatory or an axis assignment may be broken/reversed?

1 Like

In the release notes it states that the new prop simulation is optional. But I haven’t been able to find a way to turn it on or off. Anyone?

I’m fairly sure it means it’s optional for developers. IE: to implement it in their aircraft or not.

6 Likes

OH!!! Gotcha. That makes sense. Thank you.

This is what I took away from the Q&A. They’re enabling it on the planes they stated as a test for SU8. And the option will be in the SDK for any devs that want to implement this feature on their own planes if they choose to. Sounds like at this point in time, they may not want to.

1 Like

That’s because implementing it would likely require tweaks in their whole flight model to compensate. Some devs may be satisfied with what they have now and not want to have to redo things.

2 Likes

Anybody able to rule out the (not so) obvious?

King Air seems fine. it pulls forward instead of pushing back

I see the kingair going backwards if i apply 30-40% throttle. But it only happens when brakes are on.

I can also replicate this bug

odd, I had the brakes on full throttle and it moved forwards

+1 from me - brakes on, full throttle, crawls backwards. In the 152 anyway.

Can confirm-ish, but not on full throttle in the c208

It will have a light creep-back-tendency around 80%, but only with parking brake applied. With normal brakes it’s not there.

So it seems there are some weird forces acting on the prop with parking brake applied.

Having said that, applying full throttle on a turboprop with parking brake on is considered a very bad idea to begin with.

Can confirm on 152:

This had happened to me before with TBM930 when I installed the improvement mod. Updating or deleting and reinstalling fixed it. Check your community folder. Have you tried with or without addons?

of course and I can also exclude hardware issues