C152X Realism Mod

Is this the same addon as the one by DRF30q? Last update to that one was 15 days ago, but seems similar.

Negative, you’re looking at the wrong Repo!
Our latest release was 3 days ago - here!

This mod expands on DRF30q’s please delete his and use that link above if you want my version.
It uses his mod with parts built on top

1 Like

1st : the texture is rotate by 90° (since patch #2 if a remember)
2nd : compare with a real OAT gauge, °C scale is not good. And in fact neither °F or °C display the right value.
Texture has to be correct first and only after, the min max scale has to be ajusted (in “Cessna152_interior.XML”)
this section :

<MIN_VALUE>-60</MIN_VALUE>
<MAX_VALUE>80</MAX_VALUE>

I could do it if i had skills to modify textures, but i don’t :wink:

I think this question keeps coming up because the original post has the old repository link in it. Maybe it’s time to lock this thread, and start a new one, with the new repository link instead?

I agree I am starting a new Forum post for my addon version!

I have created a new Forum post

HERE

Please use the new forum if you’d like to discuss my Mod!

1 Like

Hey All,

Want to see awesome modders allowed to fix airplanes from versions other than standard aircraft? They are currently locked, but there is a petition to Asobo to open them up! Please go vote.Allow Modders access to Premium and Deluxe Airplane Files

I don’t think that thereis a technical; reason, (or if there is, Asobo cannot overcome it), to bring some of the Mod-able item out of the DRM protection, but still leave other items Locked up, like basic 3D Model…

This would prevent the Plane from being used by a non-owner, but still allow a limited subset of the plane (ie cfg files, some of the JS and html) to be Modded.

It is clear that Asobo has no intention of taking these Asobo planes past a basic level of operation, so why not let the Community (who have purchased them) , and as a Group, have far more time & resources than Asobo, complete the job.

Note: Some of the DRM planes already have some of their ,cfg files un-encoded, ie some .cfg file – so it certainly looks possible.

Let me put it another way, that may have more Meaning to MS … $$$$$$

If the Premium planes could be modded by the Community or FREE, would it encourage MORE or LESS users to purchase these Premium packages ???

Answer is pretty obvious … MORE $$$$ for Microsoft if they can be made better by the community.

2 Likes

Yep, post that in the vote thread for Asobo to see! its a great point… If I knew that the SR22 or Longtitude had been modded to a realistic level, I would probably buy that package!

Or allow unscrupulous users to pass those planes around to users that didn’t pay for them? If only they had another way to lock those planes to an account that is allowed to use them without having to encrypt those files. At least that is what I believe is the reason for this.

My understanding is that the files do get modified on install, to lock to the PC.
Just the “impression” I get from reading elsewhere, and a common sense solution.

Whatever the reasons, or the solution, opening up enough to allow Mods while stopping transfer of the asset, is obvious a win-win situation for all.

1 Like

Done, thank you!

My understanding is the Deluxe and Premium planes were not actually developed by Asobo, but by third party vendors, which adds another layer of complication to the DRM. IOW, the cfg files may contain proprietary flight data…

IOW, the likelihood of them being unlocked is pretty nil… but that’s just water cooler talk, I have no idea what the truth is.

1 Like

Just because a lot of people haven’t seen the new forum post yet

V0.9.0 has been released on the JPLogistics C152 Mod!

See notes HERE!!

5 Likes

Do you have a source for that info? I don’t see why a third party would be needed to develop a C172 with steam gauges or the C152 Aerobat.

C172 steam is the easy one … The Asobo one is Locked down and cannot be Modded / fixed/ chaged or enhanced.

I am hope A2A will do a fully function, C172 with steam Gauges, but fully IFR equipped.

Ahh, you don’t like the old crappy ADF and transponder installed? That’s what my real ones always had! :rofl:

1 Like

Fixed

If MS/Asobo used a third party independent contractor to create some of the aircraft, rest assured, it’s not a lease of that code, but full ownership by MS. In fact, it likely is just the opposite…the third party or parties that created the aircraft for MS/Asobo, would need MS permission to use the code they were contracted to create for MS.

1 Like

What needed to be fixed?

Edit: Ahhh! Excellent! :slight_smile: