C152X Realism Mod

An older 60’s C150 – you can easily spend more on Avionics Updates, that the total value of the plane before the updates !!

1 Like

What’s wrong with the current transponder?
It’s the same transponder I had in most of the planes I flew back in the day… I’m wondering what the concern is? Are we thinking ADS/B or something?

1 Like

Am I gonna be forced to use any new-fangled gagdets???

I’m perfectly happy using the gear that’s been around for 50 to nearly 100 years now…

grr

:wink:

But really, I like the old gear.
But I get that it’s a pain in the butt in Europe.

Nobody is forcing you to use anything you don’t want.
Anything put into a mod, especially a change of avionics, can easily be disabled by the user.

Nothing is WRONG with the “old Transponder” if that what you want to use, but please be open to what other way be wanting as well… like an updated Transponder with DME, or yes, even ADS/B

( You must be equipped with ADS-B Out to fly in the USA in [most controlled airspace]

(https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=8137158693744ba666e318c1f474d81b&node=se14.2.91_1225&rgn=div8). )

If you don’t want to in MSFS, then just ignore it

Our main priority for new gadgets is a DME, which, would be useful or enjoyed by I’m guessing a lot of people!
The transponder, I felt should be updated to at least match current day standards, ADS/B etc yes!
Now, nothing is set in concrete and me and my other dev are still discussing plans of action!
If you have a feature in mind, please post it to our GitHub Issues page!

Not related to the new or different hardware discussion in anyway, but for the sake of clarity and to avoid confusion, can you please incorporate the current version of the mod into your title? If not into the title of the package as downloaded from the github, but perhaps into the title of the folder created when the mod is unzipped/unpackaged?

This would help users to be able to tell at a glance what version of the mod is in the community folder.

Thank you for your consideration.

I was just asking why people want a different transponder…

DME I get, and there’s probably a few C-152’s out there with it, but a transponder to me is a gadget I put 4 numbers in… so I was wondering why there was desire to change it.

There’s always something to learn in aviation…

Like, I didn’t realize in Europe there are fractional frequency NDB’s till today.

To get DME in the same unit, as it far easier to replace the old Transponder with a unit the same size, that isi BOTH Transponder & DME, than to have to cut a hole in the 3D model, to mount an extra DME unit in the spare space.

If for no other reason ADS-B :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So, does the new gauge programming methodology allow the placement of different 3D-gauges (anywhere) on a panel? Have people sussed it out yet?

Going forward the Download will be named;
Example: MSFS_C152_V0.8.3
I’m not going to rename the folder just so it is easier for people to “replace” when upgrading!
I hope that’s okay?
Unless more people think the same?

We are slowly figuring it out!
We have what we personally need however we are waiting on Third-Party plugins/softwares being updated before we can fully start work

That will help! At least I can the safely delete the “right”, “old” version from my repository. I can just make sure to copy the latest, greatest into my community folder.

Thank you!

Could be great to correct angle and range of the OAT gauge Texture (and MIN MAX value) :slight_smile:

We’re actually planning on a Garmin GTX330ES Transponder along with a BendixKing KN64 DME

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed an issue! I will take a peek!

Is this the same addon as the one by DRF30q? Last update to that one was 15 days ago, but seems similar.

Negative, you’re looking at the wrong Repo!
Our latest release was 3 days ago - here!

This mod expands on DRF30q’s please delete his and use that link above if you want my version.
It uses his mod with parts built on top

1 Like

1st : the texture is rotate by 90° (since patch #2 if a remember)
2nd : compare with a real OAT gauge, °C scale is not good. And in fact neither °F or °C display the right value.
Texture has to be correct first and only after, the min max scale has to be ajusted (in “Cessna152_interior.XML”)
this section :

<MIN_VALUE>-60</MIN_VALUE>
<MAX_VALUE>80</MAX_VALUE>

I could do it if i had skills to modify textures, but i don’t :wink:

I think this question keeps coming up because the original post has the old repository link in it. Maybe it’s time to lock this thread, and start a new one, with the new repository link instead?