C172 Circles When I Put GPS Into NAV

Good evening forum,

Hoping someone can help shed some light on what I am doing wrong. The Flightplan is loaded into the Garmin 530/430. I set Autopilot Alititide and VS.

I Set the CDI to GPS and then shortly after takeoff I engage AP to start my climb. I then press “NAV” on the Bravo and thats when the plane banks to 20 degrees and just spins in a circle as it climbs.

The flightplan leg is CYTS (taking off from) to FRALK (first wave point).

Any idea what I may be doing incorrectly?

1 Like

Mine’s been doing the same for all my planes since SU6.

Only planes based on the new Working Title nav system (CJ4 and any plane using the G1000 NXi) work. Anything with the G3000 or GNS just turn in circles as soon as I enable the AP.

1 Like

Well, glad it wasn’t something I was doing. Been googling and watching videos and re-trying for last 2 hours trying to figure out what I did wrong or missed.

I did search on here any didn’t see anything but I’ll look again before submitting a bug report in the event there is already one.

I only noticed it about a week or so after SU6 dropped since I was either flying G1000 planes (with the NXi add-on, of course) or the CJ4. And did a few manual VFR flights with the C152. It’s only when I decided to take the Mooney out for a flight that I first realized this was happening. Then tried the C172, and same thing. Then tried my Carenado Arrow. Again, the same. Tried the TBM, and it does the same using the WT G3000 mod.

Then I was watching one of P Gatacomb’s videos on YouTube and saw him experience the same issue. I knew it wasn’t just something on my end at that point.

I’m honestly surprised more people aren’t reporting this.

5 Likes

I entered a Zendesk ticket and created a bug report.

Hopefully it will get addressed sooner than later.

Thanks for the info!

I’ve encountered this problem. I finally just put the plane in heading autopilot mode since it was just circling around.

Yea, heading mode works no problem but won’t follow a flight plan that way unfortunately.

And you can’t do instrument approaches unless you fly them manually.

I cant even get the 172 NAV radios to work period only the com.

Logged the Zendesk ticket and created bug if anyone is inclined to vote :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uninstall the NXi and try again.
If it works corractly without it, I may have the solution for you even with the NXi installed.
Try and report the results please.

Booting up the sim now and will test.

Be back shortly and thanks!

Yes, that fixed it!

Uninstalled, restarted sim and NAV is working as expected!

Now you can try with NXi installed, but with the pms50-gns530 also installed
https://github.com/pimarc/pms50-gns530

That did it!

Not going to lie, I may have gotten a little too excited when I flipped on the Avionics and saw the Garmin loading screens rather than them just being instantly on.

Love the Terrain and traffic as well.

Read through the list and this is loads better. I’d love to be able to say “wish I found it sooner” but I just bumped up to the 172 from the 152 and my first crack at GPS lead me to this issue so no time wasted without your mod!

Thank you for the solution and the mod overall!

1 Like

Odd. I’m pretty sure I already the latest version of this, but still having issues. I’ll have to check again to make sure. and test without the NXi installed to see what happens.

Glad it works.
But evidently this solve the problem only for GNS430/530 planes.
It’s sitill have problems (even if not the same ones) with others glass panels.
As for my kind of use the only thing I find useful to me with the NXi is readibility, I stopped using it.
And it will be the case as long as Working Title won’t solve their biggest ptoblem:
It’s a G1000 and it doesn’t have to interfere in ANY way with other panels !
It’s great to make a very realistic system, going in smallest details, but giving problems to what is not coming from them is a no-go for me.
And it’s like that since the beginning without resolving these issues.
I think they just don’t care…

I am completing every day flights with TBM and FBW a32nx without issues. SInce SU6, heck even since SU5!

I had no nav issues after SU5. I need to try the solution posted above by @PlumbGlue67 this evening to see if it works for me. I’ll updated to the latest PMS50 GNS mod (I love that mod - been using it from Day 1 of its release) and remove the NXi while flying GNS planes.

You should read the complete topic.
We are talking about planes equiped with Asobo’s GNS530 having issues after using G1000 NXi.
AFAIK TBM and FBW a32x don’t use GNS430/530 !