C208B Grand Caravan EX Mods General

I can confirm that this combo works with the latest MSFS SimUpdate3:

2 Likes

Just confirming what @TechyCentipede6 posted. Working great for me (with the known G1000 faults)

1 Like

I’m even using the older 2012.2 version with the workingTitle G1000 and it works fine.

Anyone having an issue with the G1000 in this mod where the buttons on the bottom of the center MFD activates the left most PFD and the buttons on the right most PFD activates the center MFD? I have installed the latest 208B-mod (2102.3) and g1000-v0.3.4. Also latest MSFS v.1.14.6.0

Not sure, but try v.2102.1 though, as .2 and .3 only made changes for the flap issues that were corrected in the recent Sim Update, but the mod itself hasn’t been updated for the newest sim version yet.

Cannot replicate your issue with 2102.1 and G1000 0.3.4.

Have you renamed Caravans mod folder so that it loads last? I just rename the folder with a z in front of it

Really enjoying this mod and the WT G1000 mod. The C208 has become one of my favorite aircraft.

However, I can’t get the weather radar (NEXRAD works fine) on the MFD to function. The option to turn it on isn’t there. Any ideas about what is causing this issue and what might be done to correct it?

1 Like

Turn the bottom right knob (big one) on the middle MFD for weather radar. Cheers, Tom

1 Like

Tom, that did it! Thank you!

First flight after the update and my middle G1000 display is not showing all info… the frame is there but not any of the content

Same issue for me. Same issue with da40 ngx

WT is aware and working on it, sounds like.

1 Like

While waiting for WT to fix the G1000 I am giving this a try as an alternative. I visit msfsaddons.com and funny enough this came out recently.

GNT750

I had to disable the WT addon to get the engine info to pop up again. Technically the GN750 is in beta but you get a free activation key to enable the premium capabilities. I like the touch screen controls better, especially for VR. Here is a screenshot to get an idea what it looks like.

3 Likes

Here’s the thread on it:

Thank you!

OK, looking at DonAlexander810 great post, can some one confirm what mods/folders/actions I need…

I have nothing in my community folder relating to the G1000, or the C208B…so starting clean.

I downloaded C208B-mod-v2102.3_NW9YD.zip. and it provided for my community folder, C208B-mod.

I downloaded workingtitle-g1000-v0.34.zip and it provided for my community folder, workingtitle-g1000.
I thought i saw where there is an updated version of this mod? Do I need the updated version?

I have, wt-g1000-0.3.4-fix, which has CommonPFD_MFD.js. Do I drill into my Folder… official>onestore etc and overwite the original ‘CommonPFD_MFD.js’ file i see there.

Then I am done??

Hi

1. After MSFS updates there are problems with C208B-mod-v2102.3. Most people are using version 2102.1 . The link to it is in post 257 on Mar 3

2. The current version of the WT G1000 is v0.35

3. The contents of wt-g1000-0.3.4-fix goes into the WT G1000 not the official folder, the path is
    g1000\html_ui\WorkingTitle\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\NavSystems\SharedCommonPFD_MFD.js

Hope that is all clear

2 Likes

I use C208B-mod-2102.1 and workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.5 and I have:

Thanks to everybody for the good mod work.

1 Like

Thanks Don, that was super clear, and all installed, AND all seems to be working fine. When I tested the engine, its output went over the 2500 on the first use of power, but then settled back to 2495 when I reduced power initially, then full power again. The map worked great. I seemed to have a very big amps draw, but maybe I need to get used to being inside again and make sure switches are where they should be.
Cameras are still very clunky. The Ctrl/Shift+1-9, bring up the instrument views ok, but getting back to look outside is still space bar?