C208B Grand Caravan EX Mods General

Everything working as it should now just needed to be 100ft under the published chart to capture the glides :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t appear available on Github.

Works for me. Download the ā€œSource Code (zip)ā€ in the page that Iā€™ve linked (it is the version prior the workaround).
In the ZIP is a folder ā€œC208B-mod-2102.1ā€ containing the folder ā€œC208B-modā€. Copy the ā€œC208B-modā€ folder into your Community folder (delete the previous one first).

Also thereā€™s a folder for the G1000 annunciations, just follow the instructions of the mod:

WT G1000 v0.3.4 - To enable annunciations you will need to replace the following file with the one included with this mod (wt-g1000-0.3.4-fix): workingtitle-g1000\html_ui\WorkingTitle\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\NavSystems\SharedCommonPFD_MFD.js

Hello Norman999933. Your post is a little old, but Asobo surprises us again and again. I need test help. See MSFS 2020 sailplane for a testers paradise (21 airplanes ā€¦) or Cessna 208B (Grand Caravan EX) flight model mod for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS for the ONE and ONLY ā€œugly ducklingā€.

Thanks. I thought downloading source code was kind of taboo.

In case of software it wouldnā€™t make sense. But in such projects where the source code is equal to the mod release (since it does not need to be compiled), it is exactly what you need :slight_smile:

There were a few tweaks in the meantime on the version with workaround, but Iā€™m not sure which of them need to be reverted if you want to do it manually, so the easiest way is to jump back to the older release and wait for an update.

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some free time this weekend to check in on MSFS but itā€™s just not happening, and Iā€™m going to be pretty busy for the next few weeks. So if anyone wants to pick up the project, please do.

@THEBUSHMAN104 Completely agree with your sentiment.

2 Likes

Hi man ā€¦ would be nice if you can at least fix the flap settings for now ?

So you great model is at least usable untill someone want to extend further ( or better you have more time )

He said he has no time, what do you expect? Please read the instructions a few posts earlier of how to revert to a previous version.

@dgtlanlg take your time!

I said ā€œwould be niceā€ right ?

Happy Sunday friendly man

And of course @dgtlanlg ā€¦ take your time

Yeah, v2102.1 has the old lift/drag. Nothing else was changed in 2102.2 or 2102.3.

Sim Update 3 in two days, letā€™s see what breaks next!

Thanks for a normal reply :+1:

Will ise that version ā€¦ was not aware it was still available.

I would be surprised if it doesnā€™t break the WT mods. I would be even more surprised, but hopeful, that we wonā€™t need those mods anymore.

1 Like

Hi Paul, is this mod separate to, or the same as the dgtlanig mod? Are you two working together?

They are different mods, we donā€™t work together.

After updating 1.14.5, WT G1000mod on 208 mod cannot be used.

Working fine for me. G1000 0.3.4 and C208 v2102.1.

1 Like

Community folder content is not loaded when the update is installed. You just have to restart your sim after the update. Community content should be back then.

2 Likes

You absolute Dudes - working together to create this Caravan Mod.

I downloaded from Flightsim.to three days ago and have been flying nothing else ever since.
Particular Thanks A Plenty to Dtglanig for collating the best of the best and putting it in to one package of absolute loveliness.
Bless your Souls and Clear Skies!
Absolutely bloody marvellous Mod youā€™ve all come up with.
Best aircraft in the MSFS 2020 hangar right now.
Thank you so much. x

3 Likes

Has this Mod been abandoned? No updates for quite some time it appears. Would be disappointed if it is but can understand if dtglanig felt overwhelmed by the expectations of some on here.

1 Like