Cabri G2 Starter & Governor Switch Operation

I’m trying to start the Cabri G2 according to the real user manual checklist. (Glad to see that the drop-down menu gives a fair presentation of this.) But there’s one thing I can’t do - I can’t see the starter switch to turn it on and off. I’ve seen views of the end of the collective in many screenshots and videos but I can’t for the life of me find how to see this myself during the preflight check activities. I thought I would find it in Options|Controls|Camera|Cockpit but no joy and I’m at a loss.

I’ve never managed to ‘see’ the switch either — but I have bound a button to it and can therefore ‘press’ it.

Thanks. Yes that would work nicely and I’ve got a good button on my collective controller. What’s the keyboard entry you used to bind to it?

On keyboard press Ctrl+3 to see an internal view. Rotate the view in order to have the
throttle-collective lever on horizontal view. Then press the right arrow to move he view to the tip of the lever.You’ll then have access to the button.

1 Like

Map some buttons to magneto start and governor toggle in game. It’s the easiest way.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hello folks and thanks for your efforts.
I started this thread by asking how to turn the starter switch on and off. Despite all your advice and all my attempts I still can’t do it.
To reiterate the problem … I can’t get at the starter switch on the end of the collective, either by scrolling over it or by binding. I’m wasting so much time on this, please help.
Can someone tell me exactly how to bind the starter switch to a button on my collective?

Exactly where in CONTROLS OPTIONS is it? What is it called? I’ve been through so many without success.

And while I’m at it, doing the same for the governor would be nice - that’s in the checklists as well and a binding to its exact name is essential as there are so many to try (and so far none has worked).

… “Map some buttons to magneto start and governor toggle in game. It’s the easiest way.”. I haven’t tried that as you don’t do it during the prestart checklist!

And I’m struggling with the throttle. Please can someone say how to bind the twist grip on my collective controller to the right title in CONTROLS OPTIONS? I’ve seen Youtubes that go there but even that’s not helping/doesn’t work. I saw mention in the forum that Asobo has this job in hand, have they completed yet? if not I’m wasting my time trying to create a binding in CONTROLS SETTINGS.

Search for the following (enter it in the controls search box):

• For the starter: “Magneto 1 Start”. In case you want you can additionally also map “Magneto 2 Start” on the same button or a different one to use it with twin turbines like the B222.

The following are a bit tricky as different helicopters use different methods (MSFS addons are not standardized yet):

• For governor activation: “Rotor governor switch on” and “Rotor governor switch off”

• For increasing or decreasing governor RPM (in helicopters supporting it): “Engine trim RPM increase”, “Engine trim RPM decrease”, “Increase cowl flap 4” and “Decrease cowl flap 4” (the last 2 are only needed for Flyinside B-206)

• For power twist: “Set helicopter throttle” and “Propeller axis”

• For idle detent: “Cut helicopter throttle” (this is only needed for Cowasim 500E)

If you want full support you need to use an external application like Spad.Next as the next addional command needs to be mapped for twist to work on Bell 407 and it is not available in game menus: “Collective grip axis”.

Cheers

1 Like

geloxo

1d

Search for the following (enter it in the controls search box):

• For the starter: “Magneto 1 Start”. In case you want you can additionally also map “Magneto 2 Start” on the same button or a different one to use it with twin turbines like the B222.

The following are a bit tricky as different helicopters use different methods (MSFS addons are not standardized yet):

• For governor activation: “Rotor governor switch on” and “Rotor governor switch off”
  • For increasing or decreasing governor RPM (in helicopters supporting it): “Engine trim RPM increase”, “Engine trim RPM decrease”, “Increase cowl flap 4” and “Decrease cowl flap 4” (the last 2 are only needed for Flyinside B-206)
  • For power twist: “Set helicopter throttle” and “Propeller axis”
  • For idle detent: “Cut helicopter throttle” (this is only needed for Cowasim 500E)

If you want full support you need to use an external application like Spad.Next as the next addional command needs to be mapped for twist to work on Bell 407 and it is not available in game menus: “Collective grip axis”.

Cheers

Thanks geloxo. That worked. There still seems a lot still missing from the Asobo G2. (or is it me not seeing what’s there?) Anyway I’m pressing on. Having a good excuse for not doing a formal User H/Bk pre-flight check is not a bad thing - must admit I do get fed up of wallowing in the midwinter muck checking for oil leake and climbing up the Cabri’s side to check above the main rotor etc. Muck easier in some ways to just do the sim’s dropdown menu version.
All the best,
Brian

1 Like