Camera is not moving with the plane in the built-in replay tool in SU8 when clicking on "Record camera Track"

Thanks! I think we’d all agree that we’d rather have full Replay functionality restored ASAP, even though improvements may out a ways. I know I have 5 videos waiting for restoration of MSFS Replay functionality.

Personally, I really don’t want to see a “we-they” relationship occur between the developers and the end users. But like a lot of other issues on this forum, this thread reveals a source of frustration for us “buyers” that is really becoming a problem. I’m sure Asobo management would like to “nip it in the bud”. Right?

The current replay in MSFS was somewhat a beta. This originally was an external tool they use to make the official videos. It was never meant to be incorporated in MSFS.

However, I am not sure if they will be building off this tool or redesign one for use in MSFS.

Same probleme here, waiting for fix, thanks

1 Like

Please supply all feedback for features you wish to have for replay here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/wishlist-for-features-of-built-in-replay-functionality/390484

1 Like

I had hoped this would be fixed in the most recent update/patch, but no; just as bugged as ever :frowning:

MODERATOR: When is SU9 coming out, and will Replay functionality be restored in that update? I really need to know. This issue is hamstringing my plans for creating videos for YouTube. Thanks!

p.s. No, Flight Control Replay and FlightRecorder will not suffice.

For those on PC using VR who want some functionality for replay, I have updated my comments “Discovered when replay works for me”, number 43 in this thread, with a bit more detail. Hope it can help until we get a fix.

Bug logged! Yaay

2 Likes

What does that mean? Does it really they are going to fix ?

The issue reported by the community is logged as a bug in our database
Note: Once logged, the team will be working on a fix for a future update
Progress OP!

3 Likes

Folks I have tested this in SU9 beta and seems to be fixed. Can you guys test this as well and confirm so we can report that?

2 Likes

I would love to test this. Two questions:

1. How does a nobody like me get the SU9 beta?
  2. Can the SU9 beta be installed without messing up the SU8 install? i.e. Do you have to burn your bridges?

Never mind. After reading this, it looks like I would be shooting myself in the foot badly by going to SU9-Beta!

So, as this has been put as the solution, are we going to have to wait until april 25 when SU9 releases? I guess no small patch to solve this bug and other bugs

When I click on “Record Camera Track” button , The Camera just Moves to the endpoint of the Replay Recording and stays stuck there.

1 Like

Or you can opt in to SU9 beta to test it as well.

It’s just that it sounds like the beta version is very unstable, but maybe I will try

Hmm I don’t find it unstable to be honest, for me it runs like usual, hence didn’t notice weirdness

1 Like

people with a lot of addons will have the most issues.

Ok thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

1 Like