Camera is stuttering after su 14

Hello since Sim Update 14 my camera is stuttering when I move it that happens with every plane. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2023-12-16 18-26-37.mp4 - VEED

2 Likes

We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce.
Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Check your graphics settings haven’t been altered - common issue with SU’s.

2 Likes

Yes, the performance is horrible at large airports since SU14.
I have a 7800X3D and a RTX 3090, everything was very smooth before SU14.
Now I can have 90 fps in flight but the framerate tanks to sub 30s on the ground at large airports. Also, when I pan the view on the ground, very close objects pop in as if the off-screen cache were set to low (it’s set to ultra).
I am very disappointed with SU14.

4 Likes

I’ll say it again - check your graphics settings haven’t been changed!

1 Like

When I turn left and right on the taxiway, I absolutely always get stuttering and dropouts between 0.5-3 seconds… Even on small, rural airfields without other traffic and buildings… All 90, 180, or 360 degree turns are only possible with short interruptions. My settings are correct and fine. It’s no fun anymore! :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

It´s not the graphic settings. It´s the main thread. This low fps issue on ground happens since the main thread had to deal with the new Avionics Update workload. We basically lost around 15fps and all the panning camera smoothess we had before.

In addition to this the traffic settings are broken and you will randomly see both parked aircraft and online/offline traffic at the same time despite of your traffic settings.

Cheers

4 Likes

As The Sevenflyer says,

Check all the graphics settings plus the DX setting, mine was changed to DX12 and the screen size was altered after update.

I used to see stutters like that if I had a Glass screen open on another monitor or the map open.

2 Likes

Absolutely!
It’s a good idea to always check your settings after an update.
They can change.

I had something similar and it became much better after using DLSS swapper and setting up the newest DLSS version for MSFS.

I also deleted all my scenery index files and I think this helped a lot as well.

The issue still occurs, but not as often as before.

Once you have the issue, disable frame generation (if you use this), apply changes, and then activate it again. For me it disappears for a while then.

1 Like

You can also try clearing the NVidia shader cache, that can help as well. Go into NVidia control panel and under shader cache change the size down to something very small, save it…reboot….then go back into NVidia control panel and set the size back to something larger or to default.

This can also be done with the Windows function „disc cleanup“

3 Likes

It’s only happening with DLSS Super Resolution and this never happened before SU14

1 Like

For me it is happening with TAA as well but only with Frame Generation

2 Likes

It is gone when I update my DLSS version with this tool beeradmoore/dlss-swapper (github.com)

I swapped to the current version and the issue is rarer now, but not completely gone. It only happens at complex airports with AI traffic or when flying over dense big cities like Singapore.

Yes same here it’s more rarer but not gone…

The problem is we don’t even know if it’s our fault or if it’s a bug

Well it never happened before SU14. So I don’t think it is us.

2 Likes

happening also for me, taa or dlss won’t make a difference
it’s the frame generation that is causing this

no issues prior to su14

4 Likes