Camera views using numeric keypad erratic behaviour since SU8 (Beta/Official)

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
Done.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
PC

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Yes developer mode, no change since a very long time (I use always this mode).

Brief description of the issue:

I use the numeric keypad to set camera views in the cockpit: standard views and also custom views.
So to call a view I press either NUM-X for a standard view or Alt-NUM-X for a custom view.
Before the SU8, this worked very well for any type of view (standard or custom)
Note also that the method of using standard numeric keys of the main keyboard work OK in any case.
So since SU8, when I press a numeric keypad key to call a view, the sim has an erratic behaviour and I need to press several times the same key in order to load the related view.
And this happens whatever view (standard/custom). In fact the view changes only after several key presses and sometimes it is not the correct view.
Using the standard numeric key of the main keyboard works Ok in any case.
I have been testing the SU8 Beta. A soon as I tested, this problem occurred.
So, I moved back to SU7 and the behavior returned to normal.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
This is a dynamic behavior, so a screenshot is no help for this.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
See above.
Note that before SU8, I had no problems with the views access via the numeric keypad.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
Custom fixed desktop PC (not a laptop)
W10 Pro, MB MSI Z690, CPU Intel I7-9700KF, GC NVIDIA RTX3090, OMEN full keyboard.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
SU8 Official (1.23.12.0) and also SU8 Beta

I have upvoted - I am experiencing the same. I have tried with Dev Mode Enabled and Disabled - no difference.
I am using PMDG DC6. Will need to experiment with some other aircraft (default) to see if same thing is happening.

The issue lies with your alternate keybinding.

If you use the initial keybind you won’t see the issue, only the alternate.

This issue was reported during the beta as a bug, but wasn’t addressed for final release.

The workaround is to make your alternate your primary keybind. If using the number pad is your go to way of changing views, redo the keybinding so the number pad assignments are in the left hand keybinding box, rather than the right hand one.

4 Likes

Good info, will give it a try…thanks.

EDIT: I can confirm that the solution posed by @NixonRedgrave above does indeed work. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Its a bug affecting the Custom Camera View key bindings and comes from the “repeat” function tied into the view commands.

If you hit your NUM-keys really fast once - it will work as intended. Press it normally and you trigger the “repeat view” function. (sorry, dont know how to else explain it)

Why this has not been addressed sooner is beyond me, it more proves the MSFS-Team is definitely not using the Custom Camera keys in the cockpit :sweat_smile:

It’s not just custom camera keys — it’s any alternate keybind you’ve made.

In other words, if you have a keybind in both the left and right boxes, the right hand keybind will do this multi-input behavior.

1 Like

Source https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/custom-views-keys-are-broken/497712/4

1 Like