Can no longer search for NAVAIDs, fixes in World Map

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

The search box in the world map flight planner only gives airport results. Searches for NAVAIDS or FIXES give zero results.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

When entering text into the Search window, only airports are listed in the drop-down (no waypoints or VORs). Prior to SU9, this was working, but still not perfect because results were limited so if many airports were listed, VORs would not display.

In all cases, the desired waypoint or VOR can be located on the map if the user manually activates the appropriate filters and zooms in close enough to a known location, but in NO cases post-SU9 does the drop down display anything but airports.

Yes but I believe this was not a problem after SU9 and it was also present before WUIX. My experience after SU9 was if you kept the contents of your search in the search box, no fixes were seen on the map unless you deleted the contents of the search box.

Please allow me to correct my statement. It was not present after SU9 until the patch. It presented itself immediately after the patch between SU9 & WU9 (for me).

I have the same issue.
After I did the update, I can only find airports in the search box.

Same issue. Searching on the map shows only airports, even with IFR flight plan selected as well as having navaids and fixes turned on in the filters. This basically makes the flight planner completely useless.

1 Like

I got a finger wagging for suggesting a work around in another bug thread this afternoon, but if people don’t want to wait for an eternity for an Asobo solution, consider using LittleNavMap instead for your flight planning.

You can export your flight plan from there (VFR or IFR) directly into MSFS format and load it when you start the game. You can even set your departure point’s starting parking spot in LittleNavMap, so you don’t need to bother with in-game flight planning at all. And best of all, LittleNavMap is free.

Yes - I am unable to get NAVAIDs loaded in the simulator. On the world map, no NAVAIDs or Airspace shows up.
If I import a SimBrief flight plan into the MCDU, only the airports show with no waypoints. No SIDs or STARs are loaded in the MCDU as well. I was a subscriber of Navigraph before and cancelled. Would that have anything to do with it?

1 Like

Hello,
I have altered your title. Something like this:

World Map Flight Planner Broken

makes it difficult for people to understand what the bug you are reporting is about when people are searching for it. We want people to be able to find each other’s bugs so that they can vote on them, too, and saying that the flight planner is broken could mean any number of things.

The other thing I will mention is that writing this:

makes it very difficult for the team to search bugs by version number. The current version number is always documented on the Community category:

1 Like

I cant search for waypoints

1 Like

Happening to me too on latest XBOX version/update - very annoying.

When trying to add a waypoint to a flight, I used to be able to enter an intersection or VOR into the search and it would list it. I could select it and zoom into it, not any more, only airports show up in the search, seems to happen all the time.

I can no longer search for waypoints or vor in the flightplan menu anymore either & I have made sure to go into filters and turn on navaids and rnav reports to ON. Also in IFR planning mode. Worked from day 1 all the way up to latest update. The search function only lists airports now. Confirmed on my end with intersections and VOR’s. I will use skyvector and alter some of my routes from the automatic selection list accordingly to High Alt routes & Low Alt routes.

That is my pirep on my end…

Happy Landings To All,

It’s only on Xbox or also on PC ?

Hi there,
The OP reported the issue on PC/Steam, so it appears to be happening on multiple platforms.

I saw in another thread that this feature was not planned therefore you should ask for a new feature in Zendesk, but it is quite ridicolous as it was perfectly working in release pre-SU9 and you can still search for Navaids or POI with the world map actually just showing the searched items (but not in the search item list)

In my instance, I can search and even find the waypoints. Upon selecting a particular waypoint, the map zooms in 100% and it disappears from the map - never to be seen again.

This reinforces why I use Simbrief. Once again - the aftermarket bails out the devs that can’t seem to quit breaking the sim.

PC-Store Version.
Default MSFS.
No nav mods, pmdg etc.

Search is working for me and zooms to selected item with no issues.
Creating a flight plan with Depart and Arrival entered, then searching for waypoints is functioning.

However, some navaids do not appear in search (but are available in msfs).
Random examples:
IITO HILO (vor/dme)- Is searchable
ITO HILO (vortac)- Not searchable

NTG POWIDZ (ndb)- Is searchable.
NT POWIDZ (ndb)- Not searchable
NG POWIDZ (ndb)- Not searchable

Mystery continues, hope it helps.

To prevent this, you need to go into [Space More]–>[F Open Filters] → scroll to the bottom of the list and turn on ‘Navaids’ and ‘Fix and RNAV Position Report.’

Another issue that causes a problem for me is as long as I have anything typed into the search box, only the search result is visible on the map and if the result is zero then nothing gets shown. No airports, navaids or fixes. Kind of makes sense but until you realise this, you can wonder why everything disappeared all of a sudden.