Can‘t change time / weather on Xbox series X

That worked for me too! Holy cow what a glitch this is! Basically a ■■■■ shoot for when you are in a party. You leave and everyone hopes it works afterwards.

Hopefully this one gets fixed soon!

1 Like

YESSS! Finally, I’ve been trying to fix it for ages and this actually works thank you so much!

1 Like

Yep!!! Thank you much!! This has been killing me

1 Like

What do I do if none of my friends are online? Is there a workaround in this case? Or do I just have to wait until someone comes online to be able to enjoy the daylight where I want to fly

I believe someone on your list has to be online in order to invite them to a group in the game. Just try inviting anyone to the group and then leaving the group. If none of your friends are online then add a random person to your friends list that is online. Invite them to a group and leave the group.

How do you leave the group? I have invited an online player to the group but can’t see the group or any option to leave?

Same here… any bug fixing is coming…?
Or anyone wants to include me in his group so I can leave it after?

Thank you

Found a work around.
Invite yourself into a group… and after leave yourself from the group.
I just did it and it worked.
Let me know.

How do you invite yourself to a group? I’m stuck back in time at September 30th.

When you are online … multiplatform activated… just search for yourself… add you to the group… with you…and yourself… let me know

Same thing happened to me on Xbox Series X I joined a group with my friend on September 29th 2021 and I was stuck on that time ever since. I thought my Xbox was broken and I even debated exchanging it to Best Buy for a new one. Every singe time I tried to move the time to live it would just go back to sept 29th at a certain time. I couldn’t figure out how to fix it for almost a month and I even purchased a new account to play flight sim and wasn’t having problems with the live on the new account but I have a bunch of planes and things downloaded on my other account so it was really frustrating. Finally I read this forum and was able to fix the issue on my original account. Everyone is right it’s the group issue. You have to invite someone to a group and then leave that group and then your time settings should be able to stay on live without switching back. I’m so glad I read this forum you guys are the best. Just add someone to a group and back out. Also turn off your network settings on your Xbox for a few seconds as well as the online functionality feature on the game and it should reset the game settings allowing you to use live time. Once you do all of these exit the game and restart it and the problem should be gone. I finally fixed this issue tonight after suffering with it for almost a month. READ THIS FORUM. Turning off the network and online functionality might not be the fix to the issue but it seems that it helps and that when you exit the new group you create the problems should go away and you should be able to play again and use live time just make sure whenever you play with someone else you exit the group whenever you are done or else you will get stuck in this problem like I did. Flight simulator needs to address this issue in their next update because this affects gameplay so much that you can’t even play unless you use a different account which is ridiculous. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

I was able to do it by signing into multiple accounts at once on my Xbox and i sent an invite to the other account and accepted it then backed out of the group. It would be much easier with someone else on a different Xbox but this seemed to work for me.

This is drivning me crazy. I managed to invite a secondary account on the same xbox and that broke that account aswell. But there I could click the icon with 2 persons and se that I was in a Group with my primary account aswell as with Otter friends that dont even have the game, and I am not friends with them on this secondary account. I could leave and it worked again. On the primary account Nothing happens when I click the icon with 2 persons so I can’t leave the group.

Is there no other way?

By the way. They are not Otter friends but other friends :joy:

If I had otter friends I could have lived with this group issue.

Yes, I had this issue and it was fixed but lasted only a few days. Earlier, I was stuck with live weather. Now I am stuck with ‘custom’ weather.
btw - I am on xBox-S. Suspect you’re on PC as you’re able to change on line functionality. Unsure if this can be done on xBox.

Found some one on xBox. Phew.
I had also fixed my weather issue by doing exactly how you described. Now, I am stuck with ‘that’ weather. Didn’t know you had to leave the group after play.
How may I ask do you turn off network setting and on line functionality?
Thanks in advance.

You go into the settings on the main menu and you should be able to get it in game in the settings menu there and you just switch both of those off and then switch them back on. But you must reset the game for the fix to be applied. Make sure that you are not in a private game with someone else and if it still seems like your not in a game but you really are like I was just have someone invite you or what I did was log in on my girlfriends account invited myself and backed out and the issue was fixed after that.

Well done. You must be a tech geek… :+1:

Otters are better than Beavers… :rofl: such fun this fora.

Looked every where in settings but couldn’t find a way to switch off network and functionality as suggested. Appears unable to do this on xBox.
As I asked before, are you on PC?