Can’t Hear ATC and Other Aircraft after SU11

:exclamation:Quick Note! This issue is about not being able to hear ATC at all. There is another bug report open if you experience this issue randomly.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Cannot hear other aircraft and ATC after todays update.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight in the A310 or A320 as those are the two aircraft I have had issues In. Other aircraft may have this issue present!

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Worse after 1.29.28.0 update
KCVG to KBWI in PMDG738 (B738) - No AI copilot voice
KDCA to KEWR in C700 (CRJ7) - No ATC and no copilot voice
Restarted sim between flights.
Yesterday I had both ATC and AI copilot voices

1 Like

Same problem after SU11 installed. Cannot hear ATC at all and only Copilot voice is hearable

8 Likes

I feel for you. This is an infuriating issue that I wish the developers would get on top of :cry:

3 Likes

Sadly this bug is even worse now, after the 40th Anniversary update. During most of my flights there is no ATC at all, only my copilot speaks.

6 Likes

If this is so, why did the beta testers not pick up on it? :cry:

Beta Tester Here!

I did not experience this issue until today’s release. I have just now not been able to hear in the A320neo and the A310 so far.

6 Likes

Same problem here, only text popping up in the ATC window. No change using Azure or the offline speech.

4 Likes

I occasionally had this problem with the beta.

It’s an intermittent problem unassociated with any specific build. It can happen with any version of the game. When it happens it can last minutes or days. It’s not related to SU11 in any way.

1 Like

Geez just lost my entire IFR flight . ATC was communicating with me and I never knew. What happened to the ATC audio ? This is absurd . Su10 was Miles better than this su11. Not to mention ai aircraft are broken . But ATC audio is very important. Send out a patch asap Asobo . This is unflyable IFR without being vectored

2 Likes

Sadly, I am having the same problem with ATC. Also, I am having trouble setting live weather. It appears to be stuck on clear skies. I am using Flybywire AI traffic and it appears to be working fine. I hope they patch this issue soon. I dread updates because it usually breaks something.

I would like to confirm this as well. no sound whatsoever after takeoff.

1 Like

AI aircraft is extremely broken. I live down the street from KSFO and I know the flight patterns by heart and these AI are landing every which way, buzzing the towers, flying towards my plane as it is taking off on 28L. Utter chaos. I hope there are some serious hot fixes headed our way soon.

Yes I’m aware that ai aircraft is broken . It was brought up during su11 beta and was mentioned that su11 release would not be held up for ai aircraft fix (which is a bummer ). But right now , my in-sim ATC is broken. This is driving me mad ! Why do things keep breaking on updates ? Should of just left su10 in place and just added the new planes to marketplace and let people download them for free if they wanted them . Now the ATC controller voice is 100% vanished . All I can hear is my voice . My IFR flight dropped due to never hearing the controller voice give me instructions to climb. This is absurd . Asobo better put out a patch now . We shouldn’t have to be waiting to use the sim to fly IFR

I want to add that I have subtitles on and the text says “Audio Missing” in brackets. Can you confirm this is also present on your end? This happened when I randomly got ATC talking flying around Salt Lake City.

Can’t recreate this. The ATC has stopped talking again

I will check in about 15min

Check your settings in GENERAL OPTIONS > DATA. Today at one point the sim set my online functionality, live weather etc. all to off.

Asobo are very anti hotfixes. We probably have to wait until sometime into 2023.

All of that is nominal. The “Audio Missing” in brackets thing I mentioned tells me the patch erased some audio settings. We are not hearing the ATC anymore.