Can we have our Classic flyby views and tower views back please

So this feature appears, as per last development update, as “not started”. But does anyone know what does this actually mean? will it be started eventually? i assume it´s better than “not planned” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Given that three hundred odd requests for this have been made and even just asking for info isn’t forthcoming I think that they are either ignoring us or it’s not possible to do.
As mentioned in an earlier post it will be left to a third party developer to sort it out for us. I so wish I was clever enough to be able to do it.

1 Like

A 3th party developer could really make the difference. I’m absolutely willing to pay for it.

6 Likes

Other posters in different threads think I have been knocking this sim I am not. In general it’s amazing, the graphics are mostly great the aircraft are mostly very good but and it’s a very big but for me and also it seems for quite a few others here. Replays from different views fly by were a massive part of our enjoyment in previous sim’s and asobo surely knew this when they did their research when starting the sims journey. Oh my they did do some market research didn’t they? It might have become apparent that this was part of what we like to do namely look at what we have just done from different viewpoints and visually analyse a take off, landing or whatever. I don’t know if asobo forgot about it or whatever it I do hope somebody can pick this up and run with it. PLEASE.

4 Likes

A third party developer would not only make the difference but could also make a reasonable amount of money for it I would hope.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Please include in a new update, the view from the ground and / or from the tower, for the aircraft in MSFS.
I remember that we can get that magnificent views from the tower old older verions of Flight Simutators.
As a Person very passionate about Aviation, I am Private Pilot and an Aeroanutical Technician, So I really miss this beautiful and very funny option in this outstanding and amazingly beautiful new generation of the MSFS. So, please I really hope you can consider this new and nicely option on this amzing Flight Simulator.
So, thank you so much in advance…!!!

Patricio

4 Likes

Several posts were removed for off-topic/argumentative discussions. A reminder to keep this thread on track, if you want to continue participating focus only on discussing flyby/tower views and keep your posts constructive in nature.

1 Like

A very good ask patricio. In the older sims I always considered it a major part of the enjoyment. Not being able to get the views we want has been a major issue for me at least.

4 Likes

Still unfortunately a topic that’s never been covered on any developer stream. That’s a shame considering the amount of votes the thread has.

4 Likes

It is quite clear we are wasting our breath. Fortunately I never bought the product outright (only used it periodically on my XBOX gamepass for PC subscription). I don’t regret that decision for a moment and will take the same approach with MSFS 2024. If there is no flyby view, there will be no purchase and that will also affect buying of add-ons.

4 Likes

With all of the promises for 24 I still wait to hear anything about it. I will lay odds that it won’t happen in 24 either. I very much doubt I will buy it. I feel like I have been let down with 2020 we were promised much more than we have got. I think 24 will go the same way. I truly hope I’m wrong but…………

1 Like

In the last development update the status for “Can we have our classic fly by view etc back” is changed to “under investigation “…. There’s hope…

1 Like

With all due respect. Life on mars is under investigation.

4 Likes

Yeah,i dont purchase anything in the marketplace anymore,because there is no towerview ,record,replay option. I mean whats the point of having all the add on liveries etc if you cant view a replay from the tower to admire them !!??
My favourite past time 20 plus years ago on msfs2004 pc was doing an airshow demo in an f16 & wathching the replay as a specector from the ground. I cant believe this option isnt available nowadays even on xbox,or is there a specific reason why its not available ???

4 Likes

A simplified sim like Aerofly FS4 has, in my opinion, the best camera system of all flight simulators.
Especially the fly by view is what MSFS 2020 should have had from the beginning.

2 Likes

Thank you! I hadn’t seen that… and I doubt that I’d know about it were it not for your post!

VERY surprised to see that this late in the game😳

2 Likes

Ok here we go. I’ll stick my head up and ask our developers a simple yes or no question. Ready steady go.
Are we going to have our old flyby and tower view back in 2024.
Now don’t forget. The answer is yes or no.
And now a question for everyone else. How long do you think we will wait for an answer from the developers.

1 Like

Yes :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t expect anything but silence. It seems to be an embarrassing question for them.

3 Likes

The classic views can’t come soon enough. I’ve just about lost the last remnents of my sanity trying to get the lock view to properly follow the aircraft without it randomly zooming round to a blade of grass and totally failing to follow a landing etc!!

5 Likes