Can we have our Classic flyby views and tower views back please

If it’s not incuded in MSFS 2024 I won’t buy it.

6 Likes

This product has a sort of fly by camera, but you”ll have to record your flight first.

You are NOT going to get an answer, until they have something to tell you, that they are reasonably certain, will happen.

Rule #34 of Project management.

• “Don’t provide answers to any question, until you know that that answer will not come back and bite you.”

ie (Just remain silent, and you wont be putting your foot in your mouth) – “Plausible Deniability”

Similar to Lawyer’s Law Count rule #1

• “Do not ask anyone on the stand, a question that you already do not know the answer to”
2 Likes

Is there any genuine reason why we don’t have a flight replay feature on Xbox?

1 Like

We have already been told replay is not possible on XBOX but I would love to have a Tower View.
Due to memory problems most Xbox users have to dial down all interesting objects at airfields this leaves nothing much to see around so a good tower view would be nice. Watching myself roll by and a quick wave to the tower.

1 Like

I can do great replays with this free app – link below.
It can even launch multiple child instances of AI replays. So you can record your own flying display once, and launch it multiple times (each as a separate AI instance) and space them at intervals (and set them to repeat indefinitely) so as to have a whole squadron flying around the airport. And view them from any static point (such as the tower) using the drone camera. Or you can fly in real-time formation with them.

1 Like

Here’s a lively Toulouse-Blagnac airshow which I have captured and constructed using Flight Recorder.
It consists of multiple instances of me flying various different types and then launching them as AI aircraft in realtime, and viewing from a fixed point above the runway using the drone camera. It’s everything I could imagine an airshow to be and more…

4 Likes

Given that some clever 3rd party developers have made replay modules to a varying degree of success what makes it so difficult for the actual producers of the sim. Surely with their knowledge of the product ( they did after all make it) it shouldn’t be beyond them.
How long must we wait for an honest answer.

4 Likes

Hey thanks, im xbox,is this app for xbox ?

Sadly they have intentionally locked 3rd parties out from the camera and weather engines. We are stuck with Asobo’s limited, rigid and illogical camera engine and associated bugs. Chase Plane on P3D was light years ahead of FS, configurable head shake, bumps, turbulence, head turn, customise views per aircraft.

It is such a shame that Jorg had to take the commercial path with GFX and XBOX Game pass, I get it Microsoft have shareholders and they are a business but its left us with a half-baked sim that in so many ways is a step backwards from what we were running in 2015 on P3D and XPlane.

All serious dev has now moved to FS2024 so this will never be added unless they open up the SDK sometime in the future, but I wouldnt be holding your breath, it is more likely that in 2024 general camera improvements appear as an “exciting new feature” that apparently couldnt be added to FS2020 due to “limitations in the old sim code”.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t think so. By the way, in FS2020 itself, in the experimental options, I see a replay function. I haven’t tried it yet, and maybe the XBox has it too?

1 Like

The record function is very limited . I basically want to land a plane in the pilots seat & then view a replay of the landing externally .Sounds like a basic technological function,but its unavailable & i dont know why ? :pensive:

1 Like

I just viewed the wishlist status for the replay functionality for msfs 2020 & msfs 2024 , its not planned for xbox. If thats the case then i definitely wont be buying msfs2024

2 Likes

Have you guys seen the cinematic shots while waiting to press “ready to fly”? they are pretty cool and shows us the potential this feature could have, clearly the MSFS team also appreciate this as they created this little feature. I think that this kind of shots are exactly what we need, just controllable on our side and integrated with the replay functionality. So what is holding this back? if it´s pretty much done?

6 Likes

Why oh why??? 14 sim updates and counting but still no classic replay views BUT worse still no news in all this time as to why not.
Isn’t it strange that the big people are ignoring us. Oh well why should they keep us informed, after all we only brought it what do we matter.

1 Like

Haven’t flown MSFS2020 for probably a year now because the external camera system is so clunky. The classic camera system had many abilities that the current system struggles with or simply can’t replicate. Definitely won’t be interested in 2024 if classic camera views aren’t included.

4 Likes

I hope that the classic camera views with tower etc will finally be introduced into FS2020, after waiting all these years, before Asobo decides to possibly include it in FS2024. That’d be just so frustrating.

2 Likes

Every time you press the button to watch the outside view of your aircraft the simulator, shortly, stutters like hell., even on killler hardware this problem seems to occur.
And i think, imho, that this is a memory problem “they” still can’t seem to overcome, and this must be one of the the reasons why there still isn’t a “fly by” view yet.

On DCS, Aerofly FS and XP this problem doesn’t exist, and thats why their superior view system is as smooth as butter.
MSFS is just way to complex if you ask me,

1 Like

I hope that what you’re saying is not going to apply to FS2024 too, meaning that it might be included there too?

Don’t think so. I think MSFS 2024 is based on a different engine. I”m pretty sure “They” learned from their mistakes.

1 Like