Can we please get an official update on the FPS / stuttering bug

Reading is hard. lol

I wonder how many of those are the ones that were ■■■■■■■■ in threads about study level planes that there was no such thing, this was a video game, etc… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I am not really sure how you can claim that the game is working for the majority of players. What is your statistical source for this please? I am suspecting that because you yourself are not having any issues then maybe there are no serious issues for the majority of users.

I have been on this forum since 28 July and I cannot recall this degree of dissatisfaction with Asobo or the sim’s performance. I am not going to say that the majority of simmers are dissatisfied at the moment because I really don’t know and I am not party to any statistics even if they exist. However, looking at other forums (e.g. AVSIM) and this forum I am fairly confident that a significant (i.e. more than a minority) number of simmers are having actual issues. We are not all making it up and there are a fair number of us.

It’s really great that you are having no problems but to claim that only a small minority of us are experiencing issues is extremely bold and in my opinion highly questionable.

Let us hope that when you do have problems with a future update (and believe me this time will come) other simmers who are not affected are a little more sympathetic and understanding than yourself :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Well said my friend

1 Like

Okay mr internet psychologist. Thank you for analyzing precisely the emotion I must have been feeling at the time of that comment. Sarcasm aside, this is probably one of the dumber interactions I’ve had on here, but I’m seeing more and more frequency of comments such as yours that are totally irrelevant to the topic at hand and rather a sad attempt at a personal remark. I mean seriously, what possibly in your mind was the usefulness of suggesting I’m “upset and not thinking clearly” other than just trying to provoke? Act like an adult.

Now, it’s funny that you’re accusing me of not being aware of how the internet works, yet you’re seemingly unaware of the fact that performance issues can be widespread even if not everyone is reporting on it. It’s as if extrapolating whatever you learned in some introductory statistics class to make a broad, ill founded assertion about the state of a piece of software. The absence of the majority of people reporting an issue isn’t evidence that it doesn’t exist, even in widespread form.

Most people simply don’t care enough to report it, simple as that. There’s enough evidence out there of people with top of the line specs to prove that this sim has plenty of performance issues, namely as it pertains to stutters and largely brought on by these last set of updates. It’s also hilarious with just how much confidence you state that the core is not broken. Now, I’m not saying it is, but you seem awfully sure of the games internal code and how everyone else’s sim is performing despite having zero evidence of it. Anyway I’m done here; it’s clear you’ll do whatever you can to deny the existence of a problem and just seek to agitate others by suggesting they’re not in the right state of mind

6 Likes

Isn’t it amusing to see people write “the majority of people have no problems”?

How in the world can you make statements like that? Have you taken a poll of all users? The more likely fact is that most people who bought the game play it and accept it the way it is and do not bother to discuss it on here. Based on numbers that I have seen, most purchasers do not post on here.

For those who perceive that their game is fine, great, move on. Those who have issues have not just a right, but an obligation to let it be known by whatever methods they choose, within the guidelines of the medium on which they are doing it.

7 Likes

To some of moderators, I’m proposing to close this topic - this discussion is leading to nowhere (again) :slight_smile:

Back to OP and topic title - We will get an official update as soon as it is available - @OlieTsubasa443, Community Manager, already stated this in the official post two days ago, see [Issue] Performances issues

Mute it then and you wont be bothered with it.

2 Likes

Roger, sir! >>> Muted :wink:

As a software dev myself (not in video games), I guess I see these things a little differently than most. Part of my job involves fixing production issues, so I see my fair share of bug tickets. Reproducing the issue reliably is nearly always the first step. When you can’t easily do that, you look for any and all information provided by users and testers hoping for some clues.

And the lack of transparency is very normal. After the issue is recognized and accepted into the current workflow, that doesn’t mean than any definitive information about how and when it will be resolved is available yet. A code fix needs to get into a test build and validated by QA as resolved before any communication is possible.

And a word about the QA process. Let’s say that the FS QA team is 100 testers, which would be a huge team by most standards. Only one or two might be assigned to test a very particular area of the sim.

There isn’t a room full of experienced pilots flying around everywhere in the sim world noting every bug and discrepancy they find. That wouldn’t be useful as you would just get duplicate reports of issues already in the backlog. The unfortunate reality is that only when thousands of simmers get their hands on the release do they find these things. And no matter how much money the developer puts into it will change that.

5 Likes

Well, there have been 244 posts at the time of this comment so that might suggest that it is a fairly hot topic and of interest to quite a few people here on the forum.

If the OP really feels that we now have a solution to his/her query then by all means I would concur. Otherwise, I personally feel that it would be beneficial to keep this open until a solution has been finally arrived at :slightly_smiling_face:

“Thank you for your feedback and patience while we’re working on these issues.”
That might be enough, IMHO :slight_smile: But of course, it’s up to OP, you’re right.

That’s exactly why we need a public beta for these updates.

4 Likes

There’s already a public beta and we are all participating in it.

7 Likes

It certainly feels that way doesn’t it.

Which is what the templates in the bug section do. They prompt you for specific information. Just like a Zendesk ticket, where they ask(prompt) for specific information.

…what…???
Did you actually read what I wrote?

…this is how polls work…
It is not the format of the bug template but they still ask you specific questions.

I really had a hard time making sense of the last part of your post but I think what I am reading is that 1000’s of responses to specific questions, designed to provide baseline information on each user should be followed by an email to each participant to gain further insight, rather than compiling the data gathered and analyzing it to find commonalities, allowing the duplication of the conditions that result in the given failure, therefore finding the cause which allows for a definitive fix.

close?

Thanks for the reply :slightly_smiling_face:.

I suppose what works for some doesn’t work for everybody. I understand your reasonable viewpoint but a lot of other posters feel differently. As you say, maybe it’s best to ignore posts which annoy. Difficult I know and not something which to be honest I have yet mastered myself.

Have a great night.

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

100% agree with you. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thing is, that’s exactly what they said 6 days ago on other, identical, threads:

I agree. But I suspect that Asobo does not have the infrastructure in place to do this any time soon.

In regards to submitting a support ticket, do we think they’re asking for all the pertinent information they would need to troubleshoot? They ask about OS, peripherals and controllers, third party software, etc. No where does it ask about your hardware or to provide any diagnostic files.

Wouldn’t it be beneficial to provide information like CPU, GPU, RAM, driver versions, etc? Maybe even some basic info on what settings are enabled?

1 Like