Can we please get an official update on the FPS / stuttering bug

It’s been nearly a week since the last update and other than a brief ‘we’re investigating’ we haven’t heard anything at all from the devs.

I’m sure they’re aware of the scale of the problem and the depth of feeling, and a quick update from the devs on how close they are to a fix would go a long way.

63 Likes

Then they reply with „we‘re very close“, go back, find another problem and need another 2 weeks.

What did you gain then?

It takes as long as it takes. There is no point in giving promises in software development other than „we‘re working on it“

8 Likes

Even in that case we have some acknowledgment that they’re still working on it. Better than radio silence.

13 Likes

Now come on. If anything Asobo has proven over the last months that they don’t simply let serious issues drop. I guess they still haven’t got a solution yet.

11 Likes

“we will try to fix this one… but, the result is another two new ones…”

I really looking forward to a point, where the Sim runs as it should without bad bugs. I know, its a huge project, no question! But… some bugs are simply embarrassing.

8 Likes

The stock response of “we’re working on it” has warn a bit thin. I would like them to tell us exactly what it is they are working on and when we will be able to use the product we paid for again. It’s a week since they screwed it up and if they know what the problem is, then it should have been fixed by now, if not then a rollback solution is required.

23 Likes

Yep, that’s where I am too.

1 Like

I’m usually the first one to defend Asobo no matter what because I love the game but at what point is ‘we are investigating’ just not enough? The game has been rendered inoperable for a massive amount of players. A 20 page avsim thread, multiple threads popping up in multiple categories here, daily. A game breaking bug like this deserves 100% focus which it very well may be getting but like you say we are left in the dark. We good told essentially to wait for the next update to fix things. A message here from a community manager said something along the lines of ‘we can’t hotfix this in fear of breaking something else’. It would be nice for some quality control…to not have my sim break and become unusable in the first place.

23 Likes

I’m not expecting any fix until next patch. But IF we somehow do, they’ll likely announce it on Thursday with the Dev Update, schedule it for sometime next week (likely Tuesday), and then push the next patch back by another week because of the hotfix.

Whether that hotfix will actually fix anything or not is another topic.

6 Likes

Hello! I have had very serious FPS problems since the update. I can’t use the simulator. Before the upgrade, I had 40 frame rates, currently I have 17 frame rates. The simulator is stuttering, useless.

Why don’t they issue a fix right away? What is the developer waiting for? The product cannot be used.

7 Likes

Totally correct - I think at this point the only way to get the attention of MS/Asobo is to stop buying from the marketplace until this is addressed - which is what I intend to do. Buying outside the marketplace at least wont hurt developers - but why buy products that may not work when you install them? Maybe this will change their mind on how awful this issue is…

6 Likes

Seriously, i just want to fly without any issues. I finally get 1 week off of work after 9 months and was looking forward to test out the CRJ. If they are not able to provide a hotfix then AT LEAST let us roll back. Seriously, it has been over 1 week and no Info whatsoever except “We know there is a bug”.

4 Likes

They’re not waiting. They’re debugging, fixing, testing.
You seem to have a pretty naive view of how software development works.

15 Likes

I heard a while back someone talking about a class-action lawsuit against Asobo due to failure to provide product. Idk if it had any legs, but all it takes is someone with a bit of free cash and time and I wouldn’t be surprised. At this point, im just disappointed not angry. Wish they would allow more dev options so we could fix this on our own until they can/do.

2 Likes

Especially with this kind of software. Never forget, this simulator is the most complex “game” out there… so it will take some time to sort out issues and not create new ones, like balancing… :blue_heart:

This is a claim I hardly can believe. Not sure what you’re comparing with since complexity can be very different, in terms of lines of code, in terms of graphics engine, systems simulation, AI (which is by far more complex in some games) etc.

It is complex, true, but that’s it.

1 Like

The issue is that they forgo working on base level things like AP, VNAV, AP etc and go full speed on visual things that could be pushed to later dates. And they keep doing it after months and months and months of us begging them not to do it. Allot of us see the reason for this is a prioritization of Xbox related content, sideling the rest of the serious sim community.

5 Likes

DCS and Xplane blow this game out of the water in term of technical ability. Heck Kerbal Space Program does

9 Likes

You don’t really want someone working on a graphics engine to make changes in the AP logic. This is how you get broken updates and need for even more hotfixes etc.

3 Likes

This is great news! unfortunately it means nothing coming from a random user on the forums. Perhaps if we got more than brief official updates about the issue - ‘we are investigating a fix’ - the crowds of people patiently (or not so patiently) tapping their foot waiting to play the game that has been out since August 2020 would be more relieved about the issue. Instead we get nothing, best hope is to set our eyes on the next update. Ah, great so maybe I’ll be able to play the game again in early April. Where was this ‘debugging, fixing, testing’ before the issue was introduced? It becomes tiresome but regardless I hope what you say is correct. Although its not so much out of naivety that we complain but rather pure frustration from being barred from playing our favorite game, with very little official communication. Surely you can understand, our best option is literally to bench the game for now and wait on a fix…

9 Likes