Can we please get an official update on the FPS / stuttering bug

Prioritization would fix this…

1 Like

No, it wouldn’t. You need very different knowledge and skill sets for the various areas of a sim and just because you have a graphics guy sitting around because you pushed world update X to 2 months later doesn’t mean that he is the one to fix the autopilot.
At least I hope so since no software development company that wants to produce quality should act like that.

Well, in most cases the framerate drops sometimes but most users can actually still play from what I’ve read on the forum.

Anyway, it won’t get quicker just because you’re tapping your foot. So either play if you can or do something else in the meantime. Asobo already got the message that the fixes are urgent, but it doesn’t mean they are easy and quick to be implemented.

4 Likes

Oh my god I hold your hand through the process I guess. Hire more people for the technical problems and less for the visual… omg so hard

2 Likes

Complex in the sense of task handling. So much is going on when flying in detailed scenarios. And as there are datalinks to reality, e.g. real world weather, flights etc. you need have to get the timing right. I guess this should be datawise the most complex “game” you can find.
Sure, Cyberpunk… but then, artifically generated and as that not nearly as complex as the world with it’s details. And scientific simulations may be in it’s data sets more complex, but i referred to games…
:blue_heart:

DCS? C’mon, buggy as h*ll, and a very dated sluggish engine…

2 Likes

No wonder with a product that’s that old. I remember X-Plane when it came out. It was basically total c**p compared with the contemporary edition of MSFS. Now the roles are reversed and MSFS is the newcomer while X-Plane is the old-reliable

Also the whole thing cannot be just focussed on the current users. There are plans and strategies in the backgound. The XBox release is planned and development being paid for, so the developers are most likely currently bombarded by MS and us and can’t make anyone happy in the process. There is ton’s of politics running in the background, and with a tech-giant like Microsoft that’s even more complicated.

Also software development isn’t simply throwing a switch. If they don’t know what causes the problem they can’t fix it. And just assuming that they could and don’t, isn’t productive.

If anything Asobo is pretty straight forward and fast-acting compared to a lot of sh** I have seen over the past two decades. Companies like Activision, Atari, Ubisoft, Eden Games etc. who let they half-finished software go down the drain within a few months even though it was basically good but not finished. I’ve seen it several times that a game was pushed out too fast, and then the developers were denied the funds and time to get it right.

10 Likes

at this point I think I am not obliged to know how software development and problems work. I, the user, purchase a product that must work. I don’t care about the difficulties they have. everyone does his job and must do it well

14 Likes

Well, that’s the difference between expectations and reality.
Unfortunately in a corporate world where the amount of publishers who could fund such a massive project is extremely limited, the users will ALWAYS be the beta-testers. Have you even been in a company that switched to SAP? Believe me: compared to that, you’re well off with the occasional hickups. The only way to avoid it, is not to buy software.

And when it comes to the systems and aircraft which are not working correctly, it has become clear that - in contrast to X-Plane - Asobo has primarily focussed on the VFR players. People who prefer tubeliners are currently in the wrong place and that probably won’t change with the Asobo planes for a while (unless Working Title can really get some big influence with them).

1 Like

Totally fine.
Some people though start arguing on the forums how Asobo should do their job they obvisouly don’t know how it works - and that’s quite silly.
If you tell people how they should work, you better know what you’re talking about. That’s all I’d ask.

I read about people writing to let asobo solve the problem. But I wonder; are we kidding or are we serious? You do not market a product that does not work. I repeat I do not want to know what the technical problems are because it is not my job.

6 Likes

You don’t buy software if you expect it not to have any bugs. That will never be the case with anything of complexity above a calculator (and even those have bugs).

While I also am quite disappointed about their quality assurance in their updates, I sincerely think that threads like this will not change anything - especially people trying to dictate how Asobo should distribute tasks amongst their various developers.

But we’re going circles, I’m out here :slight_smile:

May I say that doing all this and not communicating anything is a naive view on corporate communications and PR? just sayin

1 Like

bugs are one thing and software impracticability is another

3 Likes

sorry but ‘its not that bad get over it or do something else’ isn’t really a valid response here and kind of just makes you look silly. Dare I say your contribution here is of even less worth than the rest of us, wallowing in our disappointment at not being able to play the game enjoyably.

This is not just a bug. The software is unusable!! I am among those that might want to start a law suit if the software is kept broken for a longer period. At this moment I think an update rollback is the least they should do while they try to repair it. Breaking your own software and turning it to something impossible to use should be MAX PRIORITY.

8 Likes

The main problem for me is why ASOBO did not notice such a massive bug during their tests. The problems can be seen after five minutes of flying and even in the menus (world screen) it is obvious that there is something wrong.
The sim is unusable at the moment.

4 Likes

But many other people, including myself, don’t have any problems at all…

3 Likes

That is the problem with the world right now. Many people suffering and some guy always come to say: “oh, I don’t have any problems at all…”. Which can be translated to: “it is your problem, if everything is fine here I don’t care”. You lost your chance to remain in silence.

6 Likes

I can say, I never had problems in VR and normal part of the game…until I installed last update (or better…the software installed alone this update). I was totally happy before…now, very disappointed. Would be great to have an option for downgrade to last version, which worked fine for me. Ok…than back to DCS :wink:

1 Like

Not really . X planes optimisation is appaling. I can get a decent looking sim in MSFS with good fps. In X plane the only way I get get decent fps is to drop the settings until the graphics look like something from the early 90s with the hideous aliasing!

2 Likes