Can we please get an official update on the FPS / stuttering bug

I’m not sure how many have really game breaking fps issues. On my side they are appearing and going away, so at least I can fly while I understand that others don’t.
I’m not against stating issues and constructive criticism (including communication/PR), but threads like these often end up in plain bashing and anger valve.

Anyway, I of course reported the fps issues and just not got an update which I’m not sure what I should think of.
They acknowledged the issue but just now are saying I should go to the forum and vote for the thread.
I mean, the voting is there to make them aware just like zendesk is, what is the purpose of such responses from support? Feels kind of weird…

2 Likes

LOL. Don’t forget to bring some tar and feathers, too! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I understand the frustration of the many users being affected by this bug. I also imagine that the developers are also feeling frustration, not to mention the pressure.

If I was was to tell you I dropped a piece of fish tank gravel on the beach and asked you to go get it for me…

My advice is to just ignore those users…the vote numbers speak for themselves. The only official word should be that of MS/Asobo and a select few of the moderators on this forum. The devs already acknowledged they identified a few issues in the Q&A last week and some of the forum moderators have explicitly stated the devs are aware and have passed along the info.

I’m just as annoyed as others and haven’t flown since the update. However, I also don’t consider the lack of official response a bad thing…yet. It’s possible they may not want to make any official statement until they have a handle on the problem and know what they’re going to do about it. I’m waiting to see what happens this week.

The best we can do right now is direct people who are having the problem to vote in the appropriate thread and refrain from outright social media fighting with each other.

2 Likes

I just did both that way you raise awareness across all channels.

1 Like

But voting for a thread after submitting and getting a bug acknowledged by the Support sounds very weird to me.
It’s like there’s two independent entities and one isn’t aware of the other’s issues.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t believe 95% of the people claiming that they don’t have any issues. My opinion is they just are not flying in the areas giving trouble. I mean when you have a multiplayer flight, with everyone involved in said flight running into this bug at the same exact time, at the same exact location, I think that’s proof in itself that this isn’t just a small issue relegated to a select few individuals who must be just having hardware or driver problems.

It’s user wide, and until someone who believes all is well ends up flying over a trouble spot, they will continue posting here that all is well.

3 Likes

This 100%!
As I have mentioned previously, the number of possible permutations out there makes it VERY important for everyone having thiese issues to provide as much detail as possible to the developers. Where it happened. What aircraft. System configuration. Background processes. The works. To be able to produce a fix that will be a FIX and not a guess, it is an absolute requirement that the developer can reliably reproduce the problem. At last communication, although they are aware that some users are experiencing singular issues, many of those bugs have not been reproduced in the lab. Without a definitive cause, what do you fix?

3 Likes

Sounds like you do believe them – just they’re not encountering the issues in the first place.

Correct, I should have done a better job wording my thoughts. Not a situation where folks are claiming they are not having problems, but people coming and saying there isn’t a problem because they don’t experience it.

That’s a good idea…a roll back feature like drivers. Lets vote for that! At least you can fly your old version until the new version bugs are fixed . great!!:+1::+1::+1::+1:

nod so that’s a reason to collect information. Find the places that are newly slow and report them to Asobo via zendesk and collect them in a thread to help the community self-organize their reporting.

And be prepared for Asobo and/or MS to say ‘forget it, it’s not worth it if we’re going to keep getting lawsuits’ and drop the whole thing like a hot potato. And then we’ll all be left holding the empty bag w/ not even a partially functioning simulator (and maybe not even refunds).

That does not make much sense. You might refer to an old version? X Plane 11.50 is now running on Vulkan, - my fps is strutting at 70-80 with complex addons like Zibo 738 or the IXEG 737. Most my sliders are to the right, and I have an mediocre old system. With Orho4XP and overlays I can pretty much produce much of the same “landscape” as Asobos (cough!) bingmaps. Skies and clouds are totally different though, but we can all assure that 3D clouds are tanking performance in MSFS2020.

Nevertheless, compared to MSFS2020 I struggle to stay above 20 fps, and with the latest sim update it’s basically a slideshow even using simple aircrafts like the Icon A5.

After 30+ years of simming I dare point to the MOST IMPORTANT thing in a desktop flight simulator: Performance and fluidness.
Without it theres now help in any clever modelling or world optics. You will never be fooled to believe you’re flying through air :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not everyone is using the same system or getting the data from the same place. Some are and some aren’t.

Case in point.
The following was from a user that encountered a scenery anomaly. I had recently been to the same location and did not notice anything out of the ordinary. The second photo is what I saw flying over the same place. We ended up with a half dozen pilots all flying over the same spot within moments of each other. Some saw photo 1 and some saw photo 2.

Depending on your system and configuration you and I may have very different experiences in exactly the same place.

I have been following this FPS issue for a while now and have tried flying the same locations. I even followed a flight plan recommended by a user that said he gets the stutter 100% of the time on that route. I flew it trouble free, in the same aircraft. We cleared his community folder and it went away. After putting the pieces back, one at a time, it turned out that a A320 livery was causing it. Don’t ask. No idea. Just is.

3 Likes

Havent given Vulkan a whirl to be fair. Using 11.5 but the aliasing issue just kills it and ive tried just about anything to maintain both smooth visuals and fps and no luck at all. In MSFS and even P3D i can achieve that but X plane has just been a headache which is a shame because it does have a lot of good points.

In a somewhat alarming development, any users familiar with Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V title for PC have lamented long loading times. This title has been out for a very long time and still is relevant. Yet, the load times abysmal. Recently, a user, a normal joe figured how to improve the load times dramatically. Rockstar Games confirmed this fix and is going to remedy the load times with a patch. Our normal Joe user commented, “This was probably a problem that a dev could of spent a day with and figured out.”

As far as MSFS is concerned. Being able to roll back the latest update is a feature that must be considered. I am not playing MSFS because of stuttering post update. With the many, many different PC configs (memory, GPUs) out there - this needs to be addressed. The ability to simply rollback to what works for you.

1 Like

Not an option. Being a cloud based platform it is not possible to have multiple versions running simultaneously. Any roll back would have to be system wide. I would be ■■■■■■ if Asobo rolled back the last update to accommodate those having issues. I have not encountered any and have actually found the experience smoother. Not to mention the other improvements that were implemented that have also improved the sim overall.

I don’t want to poke the bear but have you actually looked at the number of ‘individual’ users reporting this problem? Don’t count the posts, count the unique users posting a problem. Look at the number of votes. We now have over 80,000 members on this forum. What percentage are actually having this particular problem?

1 Like

Latest update. Please follow News and Announcements forum so you can keep track and be notified of updates.

4 Likes

Maybe there is an obvious reason why it’s not possible to run multiple versions, maybe because how everything is connected?