Can we please get an official update on the FPS / stuttering bug

See my response to JrPainkiller606.

When is the next development update scheduled for?

From what I read - Early April was the last date I saw for the next world update (which I think includes some fixes) - no specific date I believe. I hope we are not going to wait that long but at the moment my guess is its going to be a wait for that.

Sorry, I meant their blog. Don’t they give us a write-up every month on what they are working on, what’s new in the market place etc… The reason I’m asking because I hope that they will give us an update on the performance bug in their monthly blog…

I’m sorry, but no. I won’t post the entire template, but nowhere on the support ticket template does it ask for any hardware information. There is an option at the bottom to upload files, but it’s not a request for anything specific.

Well, maybe this could be why? If they are serious about troubleshooting issues like this, and I believe they are, they should take a serious look at what specifically they’re asking for on these tickets. I imagine it would be a lot easier then reading through thousands of forum posts mingled in with arguing and nonsense.

2 Likes

My error, I was thinking of the forum bug template.

No thank you because you are unwilling to confirm that you are speaking on behalf of Asobo/MS. I nevertheless hope your effort on this thread gives you much personal satisfaction.
I guess you are also entitled to ‘rant’ on every thread instead of enjoying the sim. I prefer to think my fellow simmers are merely voicing their opinion and their dissatisfaction as paying customers although some users don’t like that. We can agree to disagree.

Not sure why this is of such tremendous importance to you. I ignored that portion of your post assuming you were continuing in your normal sarcastic vein.

I am in no way affiliated, employed, compensated or otherwise connected to Microsoft/Asobo or any of their affiliates or partners.

I am a simmer that wants to see the needed repairs completed on this simulator sooner rather than later. I am becoming frustrated at the lack of interest in solving these problems. If we want an official update and fix for this particular issue then maybe we should offer up as much information as possible and support the team working on it rather than just pounding on their doors demanding they do something. That demand will only result in a rushed attempt to quiet the masses which will undoubtedly result in more bugs.

3 Likes

Now this is what I would call a very fair challenge and a great idea. I too would be extremely interested in something like this and I think a lot of other people would be too.

Hopefully we shall all have a video soon which will at least support Juiceman39’s assertion of great performance and fps which unfortunately some of us are not achieving and maybe imagining.

I am now asking Juiceman39 if he will now take up this challenge to support his verbal statements.

1 Like

As I have not seen a single video since release last year that has shown smooth performance in large cities with the airliners (and honestly the microstutters are always there even in less demanding situations, just not as pronounced), I doubt I will be proven wrong. I really think that the people that claim to be getting perfect performance simply aren’t aware of it themselves and don’t notice it

I must say this performance issue is so moody, I mean I don’t get it, I flew a route few days ago and the performance was just fine. Today I flew the same exact route and the fps down to its knees like 20fps or less. It is really annoying. Seriously, I wish the day will come when we see limited by the gpu instead limited by the CPU lol

2 Likes

The inconsistency in performance makes no sense at all either. It really is frustrating and it’s the only program I’ve ever seen where it performs a certain way one day, and a totally different way on the other. Makes you wonder if it’s related to the streaming component of it

3 Likes

Yeah indeed, it is really mind ■■■■ lol. Is like watching a Christopher Nolan file but with MSFS where we are wondering how to solve the puzzle lol. I think the worse of it, Asobo has no idea how to solve this puzzle it seems lol

Yep, I am losing hope as well given that this issue has existed since the alpha a year ago

The thing is, I own all sims XP, P3D and MSFS and MSFS hooks you up with its own charm and hence I really really love this sim. We gotta fight until they fix this issue. However, maybe they realized DX11 is just can’t make it more with better performance and now focusing on DX12 perhaps they know that it will bring a better performance.
Although kind of stupid, why haven’t they just go with DX12 from the start :confused:

Yep that’s what drives me nuts: the inconsistency. Today I flew great legs of bush trip in Nepal on a Cessna caravan. Butter smooth on ultra. Earlier bush trip in Hawaii with an analogue cockpit plane (172) fps ok but some random points of slideshow. Flew those same points in free flight same aircraft all good. Then tried to load a flight plan CTD. Then it worked. Live weather works only if you follow some alchemical steps (at least those are infallible).

Update:
Just did some digging. Apparently Zendesk does request a DXDiag. But only AFTER the 2nd troubleshoot. Strange.

YES Stewart,…YES ! Good Point :+1::raising_hand_man:

Lol I’ve seen “FPS don’t matter, smoothness does, a smooth 25fps is as good as 60” too many times. It’s embarrassingly out of touch, and I imagine the person saying that hasn’t been paying attention to gaming for 10 years lol

6 Likes

I don’t understand. Someone ask something as part of a discussion and you simply ignore that and continue voicing what you want and then make accusations.
It is of tremendous importance to me because you give me the impression that you want to control the forum against anything you consider to be negativity and dictate the customer complaint procedure IMO in a very unfriendly tone. I read your post history. Nothing personal just checking. I do not see anything or negative about asking for an official update.
I shall ignore the sarcasm accusation - like accusing fellow simmer of ranting when you don’t like their posts. Maybe its a language problem on an international forum - and we both do not have a 100% command of the English language.

Thank you for that confirmation. I assume we can both agree that you are only posting your own opinions. Sorry, you gave me the impression that you always want to talk down to people as if can/or want to dictate what other must think or do. Probably a language problem.

I take that as meaning you want to confirm the existance

Great. We can agree that frustration or rant accusations due to customer complaints is unnecessary.

Thank you for your subjective opinion and the confirmation that you yourself do not deny that some users see an issue. I was worried that you were one of those who thought it was a PC problem or customer were obliged to be PC experts and file bug reports - perhaps because MS forgot that its WINDOW users have thousands of hardware configurations, have already paid to be beta testers and the refund willingness seem reticent.

I think I see a language problem because now you say “maybe we should” - like a polite suggestion to other customers. In my translation you sound as if you are dictating.

It thus seem I have remedied any misunderstanding about you participation in this thread and I hope the OP agrees with what you are trying to do on his thread.

Please enquire before misunderstanding anything about my posts - could be a translation or even a frustration problems.

1 Like