Cannot download mandatory update

I used the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option and it is currently updating.

1 Like

It’s confirmed. You have to download the xbox app and then go to the Microsoft store page and at the right top corner where says play,in the rolling list the update option appears!

3 Likes

Same here. Tried resetting MS Store, logging out/in to the store, no luck. It is incredible how MS can charge a person $140+ (yes, I went for the “Premium” version, silly me) for an unfinished, heavily buggy program that stops working after a year. We should probably sue them, that might improve their attitude.

1 Like

Which App?

I have Xbox Game Bar, Xbox Game Services and XBox Game Companion installed.

I don´t know what any of those do, and have no recolection of having installed them, but they are there and up to date, and FS is still not updating.

2 Likes

Hi same Problem for me. Only worked with the xbox app trick. Downloaded xbox app. Signed out in microsoft store. Signed back in and update appeared.

Have the same problem, latest in a long list. So, again MSFS managed to lock me out. The Xbox app was already installed. I read somwwhere that at least version 1.19.8.0 is needed, but the store says i have 1.18.15.0 since august 30. So why didn’t i get 1.19.8.0? Last flew yesterday.

Yep worked for me by installing xbox app then launch game from there and on clicking in-game exit to do the mandatory update, the store opens then clicked get updates and it found msfs patch.

I don’t know what’s going on but the update just appeared and is currently downloading. Dont know what I did to start it. This is crazy!!!

No solutions yet?

OK, now it is working.

I don´t have an Xbox, but had:

Xbox Game Bar
Xbox Game Services
and XBox Game Companion

already installed in my system.

Turns out there is yet another XBox app in the store, called just:

Xbox.

Downloaded this fourth XBox crXp and the update started working.

Got to love how Microsoft keeps things simple…

4 Likes

Installing the Xbox app worked for me (as some others have mentioned). Once I installed and ran the Xbox app, I saw the progress of the MSFS launcher download (which I had not seen in the Microsoft store). I clicked on ‘retry download’ in the Xbox app and the MSFS launcher downloaded.

I am now working on downloading the content update. It kind of looks like the Xbox app will manage the downloads for the MSFS launcher.

It is very weird … I started the game after the “go to MS Store and …” and I did not have an UPDATE button … but when I went to DOWNLOAD AND UPDATES I found the update was already loading …

Jope, I installed the XBOX App before and did several reboots and started the game from the XBOX App before this worked out …

Works for me after installing Xbox app and making sure you are signed in.

Aha - an hour and a half of bouncing between the MS store and the Xbox app and the update finally appeared (in the store, not the Xbox app).
Next time I might just wait a day after an update is announced.

I didn’t see an option to download an MSFS update in the Xbox app. But the Microsoft Store picked up the MSFS update once the Xbox app was installed with my user logged in (which I didn’t need to do anything with - that just happened).

Well guys really not sure that Xbox app had anything do with it. It just sort of started working for me without reason. Think there is a problem with MS.

1 Like

Thank you. You rock!

Installing the XBox app didn’t work for me. I followed the advice to log out and restart the computer but still didn’t see an update in the Store. After a lot of frustration and cussing, I logged out and turned my computer off. Then when I turned it back on and booted up I found the update available in Microsoft Store. Then the fun part started with very slow download speeds (I have 600 Mbs internet but download was 10 Mbs). Finally after the update I then discovered another hour of downloads and updates in the content manager, stuff like WU already released. Expect the whole shebang to be a mess, so typical.

Yes I agree with you Downscc.

Installed the XBOX app. Signed in and out then in. Same thing with the store. Finally got it to work. I love this sim, but these install / update issues are a cluster “F” on ASOBO and Microsoft’s part. They need to give detailed instructions if it’s going to be like this. Geeze.

1 Like